• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

United to merge with Airtran

MCDU

Total Time
Attention

I predict: Future call sign for United will be Citrus.
Citrus will save United. Tilton will no longer be CEO.
Without the merger United would be toast.

Seniority merger will be like the Nic award. Same formula. All United and Airtran furloughees to be stapled based on their DOH. All active pilots will be ahead of pilots on furlough. No fences and protections. Slotting will be the name of the game.

M

MCDU

Total Time
The point is you read it. Just waiting for becket to chime in.

M

FIREMAN

Smoke Diver
Total Time
Crazier things have happened . When the dung hit’s the fan it will have everyone scratching their head.

Tanker Clown

KC-10 IP
Total Time
1700+
I predict Delta guys will come up with even gayer uniforms and take pay cuts. They will ponder forming a union. Song will be ressurrected. And Gen Lee will finally marry 737 Pylt at townhall in San Francisco.

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
I predict Delta guys will come up with even gayer uniforms and take pay cuts. They will ponder forming a union. Song will be ressurrected. And Gen Lee will finally marry 737 Pylt at townhall in San Francisco.

Funny that you know so much about being gay and marrying in San Francisco. Your parents must be blushing with pride.

Tanker Clown

KC-10 IP
Total Time
1700+
I'm sure your parent's don't exactly beam with pride when you go strolling around in your Russian Sub Commander outfit.

FDJ2

Total Time
10000+
Seniority merger will be like the Nic award. Same formula.
M

That would staple the first 5000 United pilots on the top of the list, since UAL has approximately 65% of it's pilot positions on the 757 or larger gauge aircraft, then the bottom 2,500 UAL pilots would be slotted with the 1500 pilots on the AAI list. With no bump and no flush.

j32wreck

So a senior 73/Bus driver would still be a senior 73/bus driver and a junior 73/bus driver would still be a junior 73/bus driver? Oh, the humanity.
Which one of those companies is in bankruptcy today? That would need to be the case to apply Nic, and when the "merger" was consumated the board of AAI would need to end up getting 50% more seats on the board of the new company than UAUA.
The phrase that pays has always been, "Seniority is everything," not longevity.
MCDU, you list AB320 as aircraft flown. What type of bird is that?

Last edited: