Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to choose Comair ground handling over SKW?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How on earth would a union have prevented SKW from being outbid?

UH oh it a thread on Skywest better say something about them not having a union.
Your a tool...

What the hell does us not having an employee paid representative board for our pilots have anything to do with this.
Get a life

Who said anything about pilots? If the rampers had a union they would have procedures in place for a base closure. That is fact. As it is, they get what the company gives them, which isn't much.

Also, when you insult someone it is good practice to use proper grammar so you don't look like an idiot. The sentence fracture "your a tool" makes no sense whatsoever. I suspect you meant "you are a tool," if so you could have written it as I just did or use the contraction "you're" which means the same thing.

I suggest using Mozilla Firefox for it's spell checking capability, though is this case it wouldn't have made a difference because you still have to have a basic understanding of grammar.

Last edited:
How on earth would a union have prevented SKW from being outbid?

It wouldn't, but it would have an agreement in place so if a base closed there would be a severance package and/or protections so any move is paid for by the company and the employees don't lose seniority.

I suggest using Mozilla Firefox for it's spell checking capability, though is this case it wouldn't have made a difference because you still have to have a basic understanding of grammar.[/quote]

D'oh!

Hasn't stopped United from closing many UA/IAM handled stations.
However, the new union contact HAS forced several stations to once again be operated by UAL mainline. Been to FSD recently? There are several others that I can't think of right now. I think it totals about a dozen stations. The new CSR contract for the United folks dictates something along the line of if a Mainline plane serves the airport, the service will be done by mainline CSR's.

Latest resources

Back