Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United: Thanks for flying the friendly skies.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually that's a real comment from a real potential customer that is PCSing with the USAF and plans to bring his family and dog over after school lets out. I have not verified it personally although I'm curious enough to check it out. With all the resources of the internet people simply don't tolerate huge differences in fares. The old tactics don't work anymore. Incidently, although I have flown similar airplanes over the years in a variety of capacities, I've never been a line pilot with ACA/INDY and have never worked there as an employee. Obviously, there's still a lot of tension there that I don't want to fuel by allowing that erroneous assumption to continue. Anyway......a quick check of travelocity indicated the fare for 2 adults and 2 children on UAL flight 950 (IAD to Brussells) on July 5th would cost $7,100. Didn't have a square to fill out about the dog.

Last edited:
You have discovered the great BRU secret. It is a high yield city. On UAL we get plenty of govt. business with NATO being located in BRU. UAL can charge more for the non-stop flight as it is the most desirable. If you buddy is a cost conscious guy and wants to make his dog connect at ORD then I would encourage him to buy the cheapest fare. In fact while he is in BRU make sure he does not buy any frivilous items nor should he elect to eat at any restaurants that cost more than 4 Euros per person. There is youth hostel down by the Zentrum train station that would accomodate his family at nice CHEAP rates. Never mind the hookers on the corners and in the windows it will meet the requirement of being cheap.

I did look at the loads for that day and am just wondering if the cheap seats on UAL have already been purchased while AA is not that booked yet? Or AA is trying to lose more $$ to squezze those added concessions they are looking for out of the employees?

WhiteCloud said:
Incidently, although I have flown similar airplanes over the years in a variety of capacities, I've never been a line pilot with ACA/INDY and have never worked there as an employee.
I find that very interesting mincing of workds. You tag says you flew the J4100 and the CRJ. Very few operators of those specific equipment types in the US....Combine that with your bitterness towards UAL and voila. You have been outed. There is also a poster on the ACA Lounge that uses the SKYHORSE name, has your same icon and similar posting pattern that often tags information from this board to that one. Also this poster claims to have flown the J41, CRJ and 737. Gee isn't that a coincidence?

Last edited:
Is UAL going to survive more than a few more years? Given the way they conduct business I doubt it.
I've been flying CAL and UAL a reasonable amount the last three years, and a lot the last year. CAL used to be the best, setting the standard post-09/11. But they have fallen sharply the last 4 months or so (especially with the cuts in ramp services). Three years ago, UAL was horrendous. It was the worst experience I'd had flying int'l, bus class (on several legs). That being said, the last year on them has been fantastic (from a pax standpoint). The F/As are being nice again, the gate agents have been great about upgrades and other amenities. They never lose my bags. And, their on time performance is good. In this one guy's humble (sometimes) opinion, UAL is the best of the legacies to ride on today.

So, to answer your question, if they continue the way they conduct business, I would suspect that they will be around in a few years.

32LT10 said:
I find that very interesting mincing of workds. You tag says you flew the J4100 and the CRJ. Very few operators of those specific equipment types in the US....Combine that with your bitterness towards UAL and voila. You have been outed. There is also a poster on the ACA Lounge that uses the SKYHORSE name, has your same icon and similar posting pattern that often tags information from this board to that one. Also this poster claims to have flown the J41, CRJ and 737. Gee isn't that a coincidence?
OK everyone. I've promised to knock off the anti UAL rhetoric out of respect for the real UAL line pilots that read this stuff and get upset. I've explained myself privately to a few of them with varying degrees of success. The short story is I like pissing off the management pukes who read and post here. Just some passive-aggressive therapy for me. Apologies to those of you who actually work at UAL. White-cloud.com

Last edited:
WhiteCloud said:
Does this mean you won't be walking my application in?

Hey...I'll send your app in. My lawn guy is thinking about expanding and I'll put in a good word for ya.

Hvy said:
Hey...I'll send your app in. My lawn guy is thinking about expanding and I'll put in a good word for ya.
Landscaping is honorable work. I've done a lot of it in the distant past and would do it again if necessary to earn a living. Something insulting about working for a living?

WhiteCloud said:
Landscaping is honorable work. I've done a lot of it in the distant past and would do it again if necessary to earn a living. Something insulting about working for a living?

Some people are able to use their minds to earn a living, others use their backs. I'm just trying to help to out.

Latest resources

Back