• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United selling DEN training center?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of curiosity, who would buy that training center?

Perhaps Flight Safey, CAE, Simuflite, or any other contract training company might want the largest training center in the US.

Perhaps Flight Safey, CAE, Simuflite, or any other contract training company might want the largest training center in the US.

Perhaps, but it's not like there is really demand for anything that huge right now, is there?

Having grown up in a United family, I can't imagine the world without United Air Lines. Of course, I can't imagine it without TWA, Eastern and Pan Am, either.

There is not a lot of demand for homes right now but if you offer a price low enough, someone is always interested in a deal. The question is how low will United offer it? It depends on how desparate they are to have the cash.

What? for calling you on being a tool? I guess in your world I am not entitled to an opinion then either am I?

If you're any indication of the typical CO pilot then I don't ever want to be in one of their cockpits. These guys at UA are facing furloughs and you come and kick them in the stones. You don't do that to a fellow pilot and especially a fellow ALPA pilot.

I may only have 300ish hours of flight time but you have 0 in professionalism and class.

If you want to go beat up on someone, I'm sure there's tons of old ladies at IAH who need their canes kicked out from underneath them.

Uuuhhhmmmm.....you're a dispatcher right? Isn't there a dispatcher section? So tell me about ALPA and about unity!! I mean, not from your dad.....who's a UAL pilot. This is what you said in 07:

Well, UA was more profitable than CO, and slightly less than AA. UA also has more money in the bank than AA, DL, CO, NW, or US (to the tune of 5.1 billion.)

So if there was a downturn next year as many predict, who would be in a better position? The company dropping money on new widebodies and expanding to every international destination under the sun, or the one putting money in the bank and consolidating on their strengths while upgrading their product.

BTW, if you look at UA's new business and first class international product, it blows every other US carrier out of the water.

You apparently listen to your dad too much. So before you chime, maybe you should figure out how the real world works. Flightinfo isn't by any means a source of factual information and if you're not bashing someone, what's the point?

Last edited:
Uuuhhhmmmm.....you're a dispatcher right? Isn't there a dispatcher section? So tell me about ALPA and about unity!! I mean, not from your dad.....who's a UAL pilot. This is what you said in 07:

Well, UA was more profitable than CO, and slightly less than AA. UA also has more money in the bank than AA, DL, CO, NW, or US (to the tune of 5.1 billion.)

So if there was a downturn next year as many predict, who would be in a better position? The company dropping money on new widebodies and expanding to every international destination under the sun, or the one putting money in the bank and consolidating on their strengths while upgrading their product.

BTW, if you look at UA's new business and first class international product, it blows every other US carrier out of the water.

You apparently listen to your dad too much. So before you chime, maybe you should figure out how the real world works. Flightinfo isn't by any means a source of factual information and if you're not bashing someone, what's the point?

No, I'm not a dispatcher anymore. I have a CMEL and a CSEL. Second, the USMC gave me my intro into the "real world". Those irrelevant facts aside, if it were not for the horrendous losses due to poor fuel hedging my prediction would have been true.

Since you like pulling old posts out, I'd rather make a semi-true financial prediction than invite other men to "fluff my nuts" in exchange for a rec. at CO.

I will also tell you what I know about pilot unity. I know that major pilots need to step up and scope out RJs. The RJ carriers cannot do it by themselves because they will simply be replaced a la Gojet/Mesa. The ONLY way to recover those jobs is for the legacy guys to take them back even if they are on a sort of "b-scale" up to 100 seats.

I have also read Flying The Line (volume 1 and 2), Hard Landing, and others so I am pretty well versed in ALPAs history and that of the majors.

You like to talk down to UA pilots because the company isn't doing very well. I called you a tool and that is a fact. I haven't learned everything I know from my dad but he cut a check for Comair's strike fund before they even did an assesment.

Thats the kind of pilots UA has. Sure there are a few jerks sprinkled in like everywhere else, but in general they are one of the most solid pilot groups out there.

After reviewing your posts all I have seen you do is call other people idiots and brag about your job at CO.

Go fluff your own nuts.

Last edited:
So it's because of fuel hedging right? Jesus, did your dad tell you that?

Last edited:
So it's because of fuel hedging right? Jesus, did your dad tell you that?

Fuel hedges and this little recession thing the world is going through. It was $600 million from fuel hedges in 4thQTR2008 to be exact.

But we're talking about your predictions all knowing dispatcher!!! So 600 million quarter loss due only to fuel hedging and the economy? Jeez, what's the point of arguing with a pimple faced ERAU student in Doolittle Hall for god's sake. I'll just drop this conversation and go beat the dog now.

ps...what about your predictions and comments about GOJET and their pilots? I believe you said, HOJET? I mean, such an upstanding citizen such as yourself? Perhaps your daddy said this and you soaked it up.

Latest resources

Back