United...promoting overseas manufacturing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gabe

In this months (Feb 2010) issue of United's inflight magazine "Hemispheres", p.39, there is an advertisement for overseas manufacturing. In this troubled U.S. economy, I would have hoped that United could be more selective (and patriotic) about taking advertising dollars from a company (ITI) trying to promote manufacturing overseas.
I hope some current United employees can mention this to the higher-ups (or shareholders) and no longer support these type of advertisements.

who cares anymore......

All of us working in this industry are already doomed to a low paying or unemployed existence.....

When you go through security at Ohare the TSA bins that you put your crap in to get x-rayed have an advertisement for Amtrack on the bottom of them.

As for the original poster looking for United to be more patriotic in their selction of advertisers....I don't think so. This company looks at making a buck at any expence.

United would use overseas labor in the front seats of their airplanes if they could.

United would use overseas labor in the front seats of their airplanes if they could.
Why can they not?

When you go through security at Ohare the TSA bins that you put your crap in to get x-rayed have an advertisement for Amtrack on the bottom of them.

As for the original poster looking for United to be more patriotic in their selction of advertisers....I don't think so. This company looks at making a buck at any expence.
United, like most if not all multinational corporations are sovereign-less and only supply a demand to a "hungry" customer base and market....

Don't feed the monster....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back