• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DG you should be all over this job post.. need a good word, I have some insiders... http://ual-pro.taleo.net/careersection/10140/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=304800&src=JB-10440

When I saw this I thought about you... you got to be sick of where your at, with all that experience, you would be a shoe in.. good luck..

I've already done the UAL rat race once already - no thanks. I was over on the other side of the control center floor (OPBCM) during the UAL Summer of Love (Summer of 2000); UAL doesnt have enough cash for me to ever be a UAL employee again. And, with them moving to downtown Chicago, no thanks...

There hiring 10 dx thru CO. check out the CO website to confirm. Word came to me from an inside source. Not my cup of tea but, g'luck to those that apply.

I've also heard that the majority of the DL NewHires are some of the more senior ex-CO dispatchers who wanted to stay south - hell, cant blame em.

I'd flip Chicago the bird if I could...if our Director came in tomorrow and said we're moving, as long as its somewhere south - I'm in.

Cold weather sucks and people know it. I think that has a lot to do with UA openings. Plus Chitown ain't that glamourus. From what I've heard CO is still well staffed and should stay that way until the cold move. My source says then there will be lots senior guys retiring and junior people heading to greener pastures both in and out of the biz.

Back to the present, most of the new hires at CO will be replacements for all those not moving north.

I am well qualified and would like to get a major job but $50K a year to start ain't a lot of jack in some of the venues offered by the big guys (re: Chicago).

I won't be available until August and that is working against me. My current venue does not help either for some strange reason. Just a few more enroute hours for an interview is all.

Be careful what you wish for, I just might have to stay here for awhile unless I get a good offer back in the USA!

Ive lived in ORD off and on for the last 10 years and I will tell you that if you are not used to the city this may not be a good move for you. The cost of living is among the highest in the nation (gas,apartments,car registration) and commuting to downtown ORD is doable via the subway but that is going to add at least an hour each way to your commute everyday if you are coming from the suburbs.

UA's old office is in Elk Grove Village IL which is really near nothing commutable. I can see some UA guys not making the move to the Willis (Sears) Tower also.

Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!

At least from CO side, there has been no indication for the need of the additional heads other than the speculations that people will start bailing in the near future by retirement, moving on to another airline, or by choosing another career. Granted, there will be SOME needs for additional staffing due to projects and training related to intergration/transition prior to SOC, which is already on-going. I know people are sending resumes out and some senior manangement and directors started to leave (UA management has gained control of ops) but the mass exodus of the dispatchers has not quite yet begun because there is absolutely zero talks in regards to the move package or joint contract. They will hold out on this so they can string people along until the 11th hour. So far nobody has left for Delta, only one person left to the railroad. We just had 8 new dispatchers get signed off. I suspect there will be tons of dispatchers from UA leaving as well, because they can't do the commute to downtown either.

At least from CO side, there has been no indication for the need of the additional heads other than the speculations that people will start bailing in the near future by retirement, moving on to another airline, or by choosing another career. Granted, there will be SOME needs for additional staffing due to projects and training related to intergration/transition prior to SOC, which is already on-going. I know people are sending resumes out and some senior manangement and directors started to leave (UA management has gained control of ops) but the mass exodus of the dispatchers has not quite yet begun because there is absolutely zero talks in regards to the move package or joint contract. They will hold out on this so they can string people along until the 11th hour. So far nobody has left for Delta, only one person left to the railroad. We just had 8 new dispatchers get signed off. I suspect there will be tons of dispatchers from UA leaving as well, because they can't do the commute to downtown either.

And here ya go....

http://www.simplyhired.com/job-id/aal66qrtvb/dispatcher-jobs

We are always the last to know....

Latest resources

Back