• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United goes for Boeing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will have a similar set up as the 787 with push button overhead. Still same type. No system change.

I would look for another aircraft order later this year. This will be the widebody order and quite possibly an airbus order.

I would look for another aircraft order later this year. This will be the widebody order and quite possibly an airbus order.

I'd prefer to see a small guage narrowbody order. The 737 order is for 737-900s and Max 9s. If they're going to order 737s, I'd like to see some 737-600s ordered. If Airbus, then A-319s.

This order leaves a huge gap allowing for scope creep above 100 seats.

Just in terms of comfort and noise, both in the back (cabin) and up front (flight deck), I'd take an A320 over a B737NG anyday.

It will have a similar set up as the 787 with push button overhead. Still same type. No system change.

Tex,

Where'd you hear that ? Any chance that they'll fix the slow death by heat, cold, noise and Fans' ?

Any chance they will come into the 21st century and allow engine starts without manually turning on and off packs. How about a temp control system that actually works. The inward swinging cargo doors have always been a problem for cargo...they never fixed that. (that's why they are going to take UAL airbus' south out of Houston) I am sure there are things the 737 will excell in but these things should have been fixed long ago.

I'd prefer to see a small guage narrowbody order. The 737 order is for 737-900s and Max 9s. If they're going to order 737s, I'd like to see some 737-600s ordered. If Airbus, then A-319s.

This order leaves a huge gap allowing for scope creep above 100 seats.

The numbers aren't that great for 737-700's unless you run them single class (i.e. SWA) the 600 is even worse which is why hardly anyone has purchased the 737-600 and no domestic carriers have.

A 737-700 and a 737-800 have very similar operating cost. One power-point slide I was shown had the operating cost of a 700 and 800 within a few hundred dollars of each other on the same 1,000 mile segment with the 700 having 30 less seats. So unless you use the specific stregnths of the 600/700 (slightly shorter fields, and slightly longer range) I don't think the short 737's work very well (relatively speaking).

The numbers aren't that great for 737-700's unless you run them single class (i.e. SWA) the 600 is even worse which is why hardly anyone has purchased the 737-600 and no domestic carriers have.

A 737-700 and a 737-800 have very similar operating cost. One power-point slide I was shown had the operating cost of a 700 and 800 within a few hundred dollars of each other on the same 1,000 mile segment with the 700 having 30 less seats. So unless you use the specific stregnths of the 600/700 (slightly shorter fields, and slightly longer range) I don't think the short 737's work very well (relatively speaking).

-700 will make it SNA-EWR with 124 paxs, full bags, and gas. Can't do that with a -800 or a -900ER.

That's a comparison between 737s. How about a comparison of the -600 vs LarJs (large RJs)? CASM, range, cargo capacity, any other pertinent stats.

My concern is that an order of only 737-900s and Max 9s leaves a huge aircraft guage gap between those airframes and 70 seat RJs. This kind of order leaves the door open for 100+ seat RJ flying being farmed out to the regional carriers.

Latest resources

Back