• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shamrock said:
I didn't think they did that anymore.

Well, it was either foam or really exicited 170 pilots.:nuts:

I belive they shot the foam onto the airplane to stabilze any possible fuel leaks. yes alot of metal fell out of the sky over virginia today, got lucky on this one. i think the chopper guys dident do as well. But they do say the chopper pilot, made heroic effort to avoid any people and land in the field. big kudos to him! i hope they are ok.

Is the E170 having landing gear issues? Seems like thats all I hear about that plane.

YourPilotFriend said:
Is the E170 having landing gear issues? Seems like thats all I hear about that plane.

more tyre issues, but i think that is splitting hairs

either way it is a bit worrisome

I was there at IAD and saw firsthand. NO foam until after the a/c stopped on 19L.

They clearly communicated their needs and where they wanted the CFR vehicles and intentions (10÷ mile final and evac would be called for)

The crew held the nose off the runway until the last possible moment. Textbook.........Good Job guys.

If there IS a gear problem on the 170 the FAA might ground the series since the gear is common on the 170 - 190. That would seriously suck for JetBlue. I seriously hope I am premature on that though.

Wait and see I guess.....

The others have been tire failures, not gear issues. Most have been blown sidewalls. The tire spec is being revised now, and a heavier design will be in use soon. Until then the company has voluntarily life-limited the tires by not using any retreads to try to keep them intact..

..CT

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back