• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United denies track suit wearing exec seat in F

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet you find a larger % of Puma track suits in the back of a G-V than in the front of a 737.

And airline executives keep wondering why they are losing high end passengers to corporate aviation. Actually, I don't blame the airlines per se, but the mall cop mentatility they bestow upon their gate agents. Somehow gate agents have become the rules police for all commercial aviation. There's nothing worse than a know-it-all gate agent pre-loaded to show everyone who's really in charge (and they ain't thinking it's the Captain).
I am not sure what logic path you are using. He bought a coach ticket and came to the airport dressed like a high school kid. I am pretty sure that "Best Buy" is the Mesa of the retail world, they bought a coach ticket, and hired a moron who can not figure out appropriate clothing for travel. As much as I hate UAl, they do have the right to determine who gets an upgrade, free or not. But WTH, this is FI and logic does not apply in this sector of the universe.
PBR

I'll bet you find a larger % of Puma track suits in the back of a G-V than in the front of a 737.
I am pretty sure, that if you can afford a G-V, you can wear anything you want. Airline travel is for the great unwashed masses, behavior follows.
PBR

Believe it or not, most (not all) customers I've flown are very well-dressed, not that I'd care if they weren't.

I am not sure what logic path you are using. He bought a coach ticket and came to the airport dressed like a high school kid. I am pretty sure that "Best Buy" is the Mesa of the retail world, they bought a coach ticket, and hired a moron who can not figure out appropriate clothing for travel. As much as I hate UAl, they do have the right to determine who gets an upgrade, free or not. But WTH, this is FI and logic does not apply in this sector of the universe.
PBR

Seriously?

I remember (perhaps before your time) when we NRSA's had to wear a coat and tie in 1st (and no jeans in coach) until someone finally figured out that all the non-rever's stood out like sore thumbs because we were the only one's actually dress that way. Almost all of the revenue 1st class passengers were much more casual. The rules were changed so we could all blend in. Are you suggesting that we go back to the old way?

And very few passengers pay for a full fare 1st class ticket. They are all upgrades with miles or upgrades for a small add-on fee.

Since when do Express flights have first class?

Aren't Express flights J32s, J41s and Saabs? What are they doing flying to Connecticut, isn't that flown with A319s/A320s?

You mean to tell me that United express flights are JETS these days? With leading edge slats... thrust reversers.... and they fly in the FLIGHT LEVELS???? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???

Totally confused here... :confused:

Aren't Express flights J32s, J41s and Saabs? What are they doing flying to Connecticut, isn't that flown with A319s/A320s?

You mean to tell me that United express flights are JETS these days? With leading edge slats... thrust reversers.... and they fly in the FLIGHT LEVELS???? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???

That thin jet pilot air is rotting your brain. Get back in the bush league where you belong, dammit.

Like where I am, for instance.

Hahahahaha!! The pay is still the same though.

Latest resources

Back