• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United-Continental Process Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotgolfer: I hope you choose to came back. I think, on a certain level, you'll enjoy it. It's not everyday that you get to add another major airline name to the list of those you've flown for. We have good equipment and our operation does some interesting flying. Most importantly, It's a chance to use a benefit that we negotiatied. You're not on probation and not starting out at new hire pay. I know you will feel welcome and we need your vote. It certainly won't weaken us to have 200 UAL furloughs [martyrs] start flying here.

Last edited:
Pilotgolfer: I hope you choose to came back. I think, on a certain level, you'll enjoy it. It's not everyday that you get to add another major airline name to the list of those you've flown for. We have good equipment and our operation does some interesting flying. Most importantly, It's a chance to use a benefit that we negotiatied. You're not on probation and not starting out at new hire pay. I know you will feel welcome and we need your vote. It certainly won't weaken us to have 200 UAL furloughs [martyrs] start flying here.

I've only discussed this with a half dozen furloughed United guys and we all said the same thing...I would much rather have a vote on the next contract.

I've only discussed this with a half dozen furloughed United guys and we all said the same thing...I would much rather have a vote on the next contract.
+1000

I would think that every UAL pilot flying at CAL will be a "no" vote, guaranteed. That's the 10th great reason for this happening. The more no votes, the more the company is going to have to move to get to 50%+1.

+1000

I would think that every UAL pilot flying at CAL will be a "no" vote, guaranteed. That's the 10th great reason for this happening. The more no votes, the more the company is going to have to move to get to 50%+1.

+ another 1000...

The reserve rules at CAL make me cringe. I am about 280 from the bottom of the UAL list...so this might be a moot point. I just don't see how the senior guys at UAL would willingly jump into the meat grinder of a reserve system. I get it that some guys are out of work and this might be the best option available right now.

It's a moot point. No way will they burn through 1250 furloughees before getting 200.
However, summer 2012 will be interesting. They'll need to lead turn age 65 retirements; the combined company should have 40-50 retirements/month. Definitely expect to be recalled by late 2013.

I'm halfway up the furlough list. I'd probably take the job just to keep busy, but I doubt I'll get a call among the first 200. I don't expect to be recalled until late 2012/early 2013.

Latest resources

Back