United Continental 2010 Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

4got2flare

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/United-Continental-Holdings-prnews-45477119.html?x=0&.v=1

United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) today announced fourth-quarter and pro forma full-year 2010 financial results. UAL results for the fourth quarter include the financial results of its two operating subsidiaries, United Airlines and Continental Airlines. Prior to the merger on Oct. 1, 2010, UAL results only included the financial results of United Airlines. Pro forma results that consolidate the financial results for Continental for periods prior to Oct. 1, 2010, are included for meaningful year-over-year comparisons.
Highlights for this quarter and full-year 2010 include:

· UAL reported fourth-quarter 2010 net income of $160 million or $0.44 diluted earnings per share excluding $485 million of special items consisting primarily of merger-related costs and other special charges, an improvement of $347 million compared to the pro forma results year-over-year. On a GAAP basis, UAL reported fourth-quarter net loss of $325 million or $1.01 diluted loss per share.
· UAL reported pro forma full-year 2010 net income of $1.6 billion excluding $765 million of special items, resulting in a net margin of 4.8 percent. On a GAAP basis, UAL reported full-year 2010 net income of $253 million.
· UAL consolidated passenger revenue increased 15.8 percent in the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to the pro forma results for the same period in 2009. Fourth-quarter 2010 consolidated passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) increased 11.5 percent compared to the pro forma results year-over-year.
· UAL ended the year with $8.7 billion in unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments.
· Employees of the combined company earned $224 million in profit sharing for full-year 2010.
Please click here for complete information
about this quarter’s financial performance.

"Thanks to the hard work of my co-workers, we made a fourth-quarter profit, excluding special items, in a typically weak quarter," said Jeff Smisek, UAL's president and chief executive officer. "While making significant progress integrating United and Continental, we never lost focus on running a good operation. We made a solid profit for the year, and we look forward to distributing $224 million in profit sharing to our co-workers on Valentine's Day."

Is this 325 mil loss timely to reduce profit sharing payouts?

I don't have the contract in front of me right now, but I think on the UAL side of the UNICAL house, special charges are excluded from the profit sharing calculation. I think going into the chart that the MEC put out at around 600M would be a good place to start to determine how much profit sharing UAL guys will get.

It was not a loss. A profit of 160 million. The 325 million is a merger cost. The company made 1.6 billion...yep BILLION for the year. Where's our contract???????????????????????????????????????????

I would care if you're a UAL guy. The payout could be worth at least a couple of thousand of dollars to a junior narrowbody F/O.

Latest resources

Back