• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United buys 40 EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Horton is but one man, what happened to his particular bonus is hardly a game-changer.

As for scope bumps, I've said numerous times that I would love for you to be right about that, I don't want to be stuck at the regionals for life, even though it's starting to look that way for me, scope or no scope. I'm already 38, and all I have to show for it is seven years of yanking gear on some flavor of a regional jet.

Ike,

I had 47 year olds in my class in 96. They are almost retiring now. In a few years there will be tons of retirements at all 3 legacies. I have no doubt you will have choices coming up here. Hang in there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer1015
57 pages of ATL7ERB schedule, there are only 4 pilots who have trips tomorrow to Europe with a 3 on/4 off/3 on/4 off schedule for the month.

Which one are you General?

Uhhhhhhhhh.......hmmmmm.......did I say tomorrow, or Tues? There, I doubled it. And, there are 2 FOs per flight.

Looking at the bid packet, there are flights to Zurich, Brussels, Milan Malapensa, Venice (48 hour layover---I like that one), London Heathrow (late flight), Paris, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, and Stuttgart. How many did you say again?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would I tell anyone? Flyer1015 was wrong about the number of trips leaving ATL for Europe, and I am correct. There is a great chance I will be on one of those, either Mon or Tues. I usually do 3 on 4 off, unless there is a very nice longer layover that I am interested in. I try to mix it up layover wise, and swap trips now and then to see different cities. It's great, and I really enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ike,

I had 47 year olds in my class in 96. They are almost retiring now. In a few years there will be tons of retirements at all 3 legacies. I have no doubt you will have choices coming up here. Hang in there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I've been hearing this "in a few years" business since 1999. Not that I won't hang in there either way, it's not like I have any other skills.

HAHAHAHAA. Ok, Gramps....... Go apply your underarm Low T treatment and sit in your rocker.... If you disagree with ANYTHING I have to say, then prove me wrong. You can't, and it's obvious. As you can see, I am pro-airline (mine), and that makes some people mad. Oh well. Disagree and prove it, or just keep rockin in the chair.....Bye Gramps!

Bye Bye---General Lee
Pretty expert on the Low-T thing, right down to the application.
Great, that explains your constipated know it all drivel, you are 6'4", 170 with 3" of pharmaceutical driven pink steel. Bet you abuse that blow up doll like a monkey on a football. Kind of like your mad MS flt sim skills.

Last edited:
Ike,

Bye Bye---General Lee

'96 newhire with 47 year olds in your class, if that were true shouldn't be hard to narrow down who you are, 6'4" 170lbs and 3" of low t pink steel. There is a rare profile.

'96 newhire with 47 year olds in your class, if that were true shouldn't be hard to narrow down who you are, 6'4" 170lbs and 3" of low t pink steel. There is a rare profile.

There were 100 newhires per month for years starting in 96, but you are right, not too many guys had the "Learch" look like I did. So, why is it that you are still an FO on the E120 when you were hired back on the Navajo in the mid 80s? Did you get a DUI or bust multiple FAA rides to become unmarketable to any other carrier? No college? "Uncle" Steve's grip too tight on you? It's gotta be one of those. So, what will your airline do when 15,000 slots open at the 3 legacies over the next decade? That plus new hiring minimums will make staffing a challenge. It will be interesting, but at least we know you and "Uncle" Steve will be there in TWF, ready to keep the planes flying, from the right seat anyway....

Bye Bye---General Lee

There were 100 newhires per month for years starting in 96, but you are right, not too many guys had the "Learch" look like I did. So, why is it that you are still an FO on the E120 when you were hired back on the Navajo in the mid 80s? Did you get a DUI or bust multiple FAA rides to become unmarketable to any other carrier? No college? "Uncle" Steve's grip too tight on you? It's gotta be one of those. So, what will your airline do when 15,000 slots open at the 3 legacies over the next decade? That plus new hiring minimums will make staffing a challenge. It will be interesting, but at least we know you and "Uncle" Steve will be there in TWF, ready to keep the planes flying, from the right seat anyway....

Bye Bye---General Lee
There ya go again with the just plain juvenile mean, I will ask again what is exactly wrong with being an EMB120 F/O? You aren't even a pilot so that EMB F/O has something you will never have, 121 time in their logbook. So sorry to burst your fantasy, nope no DUI, more college than I care to remember, and the ability to pass every FAA ride, including multiple types without muss nor fuss, so no drunks, flunks or any of your other fantasies.
I will move on when the right airline calls, taking my time and choosing wisely, unlike you, until airlines get desperate enough to hire zit encrusted, basement dwelling, booger eating, goobers, with the writing skills equilavent to an 8th grader, you will remain living in you moms basement, and pounding on the plastic blow up doll you call your wife, and working on getting to 35,000 posts.
Your homoerotic statements tell more about your personality than you will ever know, bring it up with your therapist, maybe after you get those fluttering hands under control, you can work on your latent homosexual tendencies, and come out of the closet, or in your case the basement. It's OK, be all that you can be, if you are gay that's OK, being yourself is what matters.

Last edited:
So, why is it that you are still an FO on the E120 when you were hired back on the Navajo in the mid 80s? Did you get a DUI or bust multiple FAA rides to become unmarketable to any other carrier?

For the record, General, I, for one, have never busted so much as a stage check (knock on wood), never had a DUI, my last traffic ticket of any kind was last century, never been disciplined at ANY employer (once again, knock on wood), yet, I don't appear to be terribly marketable either.

For the record, General, I, for one, have never busted so much as a stage check (knock on wood), never had a DUI, my last traffic ticket of any kind was last century, never been disciplined at ANY employer (once again, knock on wood), yet, I don't appear to be terribly marketable either.
Genny isn't a real pilot, any real pilot including one at DAL, would know about the current hiring process, but when one lives in his moms basement and spends all their time either at the therapist or scouring the Internet for details on their fantasy job, they miss much about what goes on in the real world. 17,000 posts and the writing skills of an 8th grader, say that he is not what he purports to be.

Well YOU must be a blast on a 4 day - lol.

Latest resources

Back