• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United asks Boeing, Airbus to bid for 150 planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have no idea. Don't forget also that his entire existence is the result of what happens when one crew finishes off a bottle of tequila with a stripper!:laugh:

VERY CLEVER, Gen-

Tough luck, chief.... Your own conception was shown to be the result of less-than-consentual relations between your mom and that donkey down in Guatemala...

-And others think they had a rough Spring Break.

VERY CLEVER, Gen-

Tough luck, chief.... Your own conception was shown to be the result of less-than-consentual relations between your mom and that donkey down in Guatemala...

-And others think they had a rough Spring Break.

Hey tanker clown, crj, or whatever other names you use here.
Maybe when you're done humping the General's leg, you can get off the free wi fi and bring me my onion rings, fatass!

Hey tanker clown, crj, or whatever other names you use here.
Maybe when you're done humping the General's leg, you can get off the free wi fi and bring me my onion rings, fatass!

Please, don't bother CRJ567, he is due now to clean the stalls at McRonalds. Let's HOPE he doesn't continue to steal the urinal cakes and bring them home to dip in Ranch sauce. That is gross! And please, get him off my leg. Now, NOW!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

So what does a negotiating firm charge for this service? A percetage of savings I would guess?

I don't get it! My thinking is that if this was a legitimate plan, they would negotiate the thing on their own and it would already be in the works with financing approved.

This is window dressing.

I don't know about this. We're talking about a company that's been through one Chapter 11 reorganization and is still on shaky ground financially, I'm not sure I would want to be the one providing financing for UAL. Then again, I guess that Boeing and Airbus don't have a whole lot of choice; they make airliners and they have to sell them to somebody. There's just not that many examples of airlines out there today that would be considered good credit risks. There never seems to be an end to people willing to dump capital into this dead-end industry so I'm sure UAL will get their planes one way or another assuming they are actually still in business to acccept the deliveries. If fuel keeps going up there are going to be some airlines in worse trouble than they already are. Unfortunately the bad news just never ends for this industry.

I don't know about this. We're talking about a company that's been through one Chapter 11 reorganization and is still on shaky ground financially, I'm not sure I would want to be the one providing financing for UAL. Then again, I guess that Boeing and Airbus don't have a whole lot of choice; they make airliners and they have to sell them to somebody. There's just not that many examples of airlines out there today that would be considered good credit risks. There never seems to be an end to people willing to dump capital into this dead-end industry so I'm sure UAL will get their planes one way or another assuming they are actually still in business to acccept the deliveries. If fuel keeps going up there are going to be some airlines in worse trouble than they already are. Unfortunately the bad news just never ends for this industry.

I think that them asking Boeing and Airbus for prices is a good indicator they are planning on being here....and remember, just like the end of your quote...the darkest hour is just before dawn.

Latest resources

Back