• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Arab Emirates and Atlas Air Cargo Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is is hard to find girls if your single? Can you do better if your wife works? Don't they provide you housing. Is that only for pilots or does that include FA's?

Destinations = Over 80 cities in more than 40 countries. Most layovers are 24 hours with the occasional 48 or 72 hour slip.

Pilot Group = Mostly expatriate. The majority come from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, and Sweden. The UAE is a non-union country, unions are illegal. Read into that what you like. It's positive in that the company can take advantage of commercial oppotunities without pilot group support. It's negative in that they will take advantage of the pilot group with arbitrary changes to the working conditions.

Retirement package = Company Provident fund places an additional 12% of you basic salary into a choice of funds. You must contribute 5% minimum. Company contribution is 80% vested after 5 years and 100% vested after 7 years. For Americans there is no retirement medical care. Company provided passes based on years of service.

Pros versus Cons = This could be a long answer.

Pros = First class international passenger airline, profitable company, good training, good experience, expat lifestyle, tax free salary, not having to go through TSA security screening :) , relatively quick advancement, good golf for 8 months of the year.

Cons = Living overseas away from you friends and family, editorial section of local newspaper ( I've stopped reading it as it just pisses me off ), various annoyances living in a foreign country, hot summers, bad drivers ( and I'm not talking about Gillegans tee shots :p ;) . I'm sure there are more.

psysicx said:
Is is hard to find girls if your single? Can you do better if your wife works? Don't they provide you housing. Is that only for pilots or does that include FA's?

Lets take those one at a time.

Hard to find girls if you are single ? = For you, maybe ;) .

Can you do better if your wife works ? = In what way ? Finding girls ? or financially ?

They do provide housing and it is for pilots and FAs.

TP

Latest resources

Back