• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines: Worst. Airline. Ever. Again - See Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two years after United Airlines merged with Continental, passengers, employee unions, and even United executives are in revolt. It's time to hand out the dishonor one more time.

NAILED IT!!! CHIVE ON!

Best post ever....KCCO!!! Now I need a shirt

United has always been a train wreck. Too bad they pulled Continental down with them.

Funny its the CAL management running the place...Just now the UAL pilots don't just roll over and take it like management has been used to..

I just commuted on UAL (arrived too late to get my usual flight) I haven't flown on mainline united for a while and as I was boarding (I think I was the second person that boarded) in the front galley of the lower deck of the whale, there was a group of cabin attendants and the F bombs were flying fast and furious, loud too, I couldn't believe it. The food looked so bad that I didn't even taste it. I asked for a glass of whine and the glass was sticky on the out side as if it wasn't washed, full of prints and traces of lipstick around the rim. As she came and picked up the try, she didn't ask why I haven't eaten my meal but instead gave me a lecture, she just wanted to make sure I understood that this was the service and that there wasn't going to be another meal service until 90 minutes before arrival because "the cabin attendants are going to be resting during the flight" I wasn't expecting the attitude. I feel sad at the state of the industry now a days.

Working the DAL and UAL system and commuting regularly on USAirways, UAL is by comparison a total train wreck. They have the most hostile, out-dated and inefficient work environment in the industry. It's been a while since I regularly commuted AA, but that was generally a good experience as well. UAL's whole operation is based on it's own convenience and totally throws customer service under the bus.

I commute frequently on UAL and generally find they put out a good product. I know this flies in the face of conventional wisdom, but that's shaped by a vocal minority. The planes are pretty darn full these days, so they're doing something right. Guess they just need to figure out how to charge enough to pay the bills.

Russ, they have full planes bc they charge as low as they have to fill them- they have full planes bc they have a vast network and a large percentage of the world's lift. Its statistics- I've had good experiences lately- but had enough bad ones to know half the time I fly them something negative will creep up- but better than a train or bus, yes.
But also recently got treated like gold on a CAL flight, while my buddy who works for them was treated irrationally and like crap.

Latest resources

Back