United Airlines plans to retire its last 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The times.....

......are a'changing. I wouldn't be suprised to see some of the "Legacy Airline" retired in the years to come.

My step father spend some time of his 16 years as a FE on the panel of the 737. They called them the GIB. (Guy in back) Depending on the captain you did not even have to sit in the cockpit and could take a seat in the cabin!

There is a 70 seat HOLE between the 70 seaters and the Airbus now....I highly doubt if it is totally filled with a bunch of RJ's.

CAL has plenty of 737s to pick up the slack after the merger.

And for yet another example of how out of touch our management team is with the employees at UAL, these last flights are actually being celebrated. E-notes were sent out to the employees inviting them to the "festivities," while we have over 1000+ pilots on furlough due to these retirements, along with all the other employee groups who were probably reduced as well due to the parking of an entire fleet.

And for yet another example of how out of touch our management team is with the employees at UAL, these last flights are actually being celebrated. E-notes were sent out to the employees inviting them to the "festivities," while we have over 1000+ pilots on furlough due to these retirements, along with all the other employee groups who were probably reduced as well due to the parking of an entire fleet.

You got that right. Funny how UAL picked WACKER drive as their home

Latest resources

Back