"United Airlines: O'Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" BusinessWeek.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How 'bouts a little trade?

Sounds like UAL could use some of AirTran's management, and Airtran's Pilot Union could use some Rick Dubinsky. :laugh:

As a pilot at CAL, I can tell you that given the dramatic way the collapse of the merger talks occurred earlier this year I would say emphatically that no merger between our prospective companies is going to happen. A purchase out of bankruptcy maybe, but no merger.

Of course 7 years ago many in UA management were saying the same thing about CAL, so you never know what will happen. Nothing still seems like the safest bet.

what's sad is that if united tanks
the pilots there will be hurt more than anyone else.
Mostly b/c of our insane seniority system... we're so leveraged we bail out these pricks just to see them line their pockets instead of solidify the company

Wait a minute, I posted between 11 and 12 on friday, some one used the word di#$head, I used it as a quote and it was removed, how interesting!!! nothing else worth doing on a layover!!

I'm convinced the main reason for UAL's continued existence is so the the bankruptcy attorneys and consutants can make money off their plight.

Latest resources

Back