• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines delays flight for man to see dying mother

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was this a mainline flight from IAH to LBB?

If not,very interesting that the regional isn't mentioned at all.

Now if they had taxied into the grass, you can bet United would be denying the whole story.

Wow - great job UAL! Very sad story but a good ending. :cool: Good to finally focus on some positive customer service examples in this industry...

This has not been my experience with UAL. ORD, last flight of the night, everyone on board, connecting pax (delayed from OGG) showed up 9 minutes prior. I told the agent to put her on board. The agent argued with me for minutes, put her on and we still left 2 minutes early. I guess this passenger needed to be taught a lesson about not being on a delayed flight.

Piedmont Airlines/US Airways did this also. I was pulled off my original crew and sent to do a flight to HTS. Not knowing the reason yet I walk over to my new gate. My new FO/FA were already on the plane. Then this woman approached me crying and saying thank you for coming over and doing this flight.
Scheduling hadn't told me anything except I had changes to my crew. I thought a Captain had 30/7 issues. But when I walked towards my plane the Gate Agent said they had taking me off my ILM round trip because the ladies daughter (Marshal University Student) had been robbed and shot in the head. They were keeping her on life support until her mother and father got up there to the hospital. Wow.. I have a daughter and the emotions are crazy.
I was thankful that Piedmont/US Airways had done this instead of taking a 2 hour delay.

When did this happen? My daughter goes to Marshall!

Latest resources

Back