Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United 173, DC-8, Portland - CVR Tape Out There?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
United Airlines Flight 173, registration N8082U, Douglas DC-8-61, crashed after running out of fuel going into Portland.

This is an interesting CRM case. I have heard the CVR recording before on a video that showed the flight path on a chart in "real time" and it was quite good. Does anyone know if this is available anywhere? I've searched for it to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the tape, but I believe I do have the entire NTSB report, which includes the CVR transcript. PM me if you want a copy and I'll dig it up for you.

Thanks. Will do.

Still would love to find that recording. It was quite instructive to hear it happen in real time. It makes you shake your head, but I know second guessing is easy from my computer chair, too, so I just try to learn from it. Want to show it to some of the folks I fly with but it seems a recording of it is not easily available for some reason, even though plenty of CRM classes play it.

Thanks. Will do.

Still would love to find that recording. It was quite instructive to hear it happen in real time. It makes you shake your head, but I know second guessing is easy from my computer chair, too, so I just try to learn from it. Want to show it to some of the folks I fly with but it seems a recording of it is not easily available for some reason, even though plenty of CRM classes play it.
someone made a CRM training video of that accident a long time ago. I saw it in a CRM class a couple airline ago. If someone know how to get it, I would like to add that to CRM libary.

Latest resources

Back