Unique Patrols ??? Scam??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scam

I skimmed it briefly. I would be concerned about the legality, considering that the regs state that Private Pilots can only share expenses and may not charge for their services.

Sounds like a scam to me. "This business is great, just send me $20 and I'll send you a package telling you that you need to get your commercial liscense before you can get paid."

he doesn't provide enough detail to really know what he's doing. It is legal for a private pilot to take aerial photos and sell them. They are not getting paid for the flying, they are getting paid for the photography. I have heard of people doing this, and I think that is some of what this guy is talking about. You can photograph new housing developments and vacation homes and sell them to the people who market the homes.

To me the thing smells pretty scammy.

I had the same concern. SkyDon (Lapre??) runs an aerial surveillance and security company and sells the info on how to get started.

The question is, are you being paid for your flying or being paid for surveillance while tooling around on your own time. My guess is that the FAA would not look too favorably upon this practice.

I kept waiting for the words "but wait, there's more!!" to scroll across the screen.

Anytime a site is as poorly designed at that one I would question what they offer. If the site is nicely designed I might take a closer look but would still question the offering. Seems like the info might be worth $5. Let the buyer beware...

Click on the link to his personal site and read about his crash. This idiot crashed while doing an intentional spin and adding power during the spin to "see if the spin would speed up." I don't know if he's an aerobatic pilot, but if he's not--and I doubt he is--he probably was doing that spin in violation of the FAR's. I don't think it was during training for a CFI ticket either.

Now we all mess around from time-to-time, but we're not all stupid enough to incriminate ourselves on a public web site. I wonder if the FAA, NTSB, and even worse--his insurance company saw his web site.

So, if you're really considering this guy's business deal, ask yourself if you want to purchase any business plans from somebody that stupid.

I hate to be harsh, but this a-hole is the kind of guy that gives the rest of us a bad name.

FL000 said:
I had the same concern. SkyDon (Lapre??) runs an aerial surveillance and security company and sells the info on how to get started.

The question is, are you being paid for your flying or being paid for surveillance while tooling around on your own time. My guess is that the FAA would not look too favorably upon this practice.

I kept waiting for the words "but wait, there's more!!" to scroll across the screen.

You too, can make THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars as a private pilot. All is takes is a TINY CLASSIFIED AD and a 1 900 number. Look at these checks from when I too was a starving pilot, living out of a one bedroom apartment.

But wait, theres more :)

You can even be in a commercial, with a self righteous airhead wench, named Cindy Margolis, who while saying she is the most downloaded women, (and is obviously not), and while saying she does not do nudity, did pose for some nude modeling before she was "famous"

Anyone remember the folks a year or so ago who were going to pay us all like $20 an hour or so to fly Microsoft Flight Simulator. (making donkey sound). There was a very funny thread about that going on over at http://www.avsim.com for a long time. These folks had a website and everything. It was hilarious. I'm not real sure why anyone would go so far to perpetuate a hoax.

RT

Latest resources

Back