Union vs. Non-Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Goffer

Its English 102 research paper time. I have to a rhetorical analysis paper on any topic of my choosing. So I picked the linguistic methods used to justify pilots/managements who choose to fly for or operate as either a union or a non-union carrier.

I already have my opinion on the subject as everyone else does, but I have to take a step back and be as objective about the subject as I can.

I'm looking for some sites or publications I can obtain to get started on this paper.

Thanx,
Goffer

I don't think management gets to choose, it's usually the labor group that starts the union. Management usually fights very hard to keep unions off the property, except for perhaps Soutwest. I would suggest writing to ALPA for their take on it, and perhaps someone in management for the other side. Also, Skywest (and other) Airline's pilots may have some insight on why they prefer to stay non-union. Good luck.

I don't think I'll be getting to many replies from skywest pilots on the message board. But if your out their I'd like you opinions as well. Anything anybody has to add will help me a lot.

Latest resources

Back