• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union Resurgance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this works, then maybe every unionized Walmart worker will demand $100,000 a year. The local LaRaza union will also demand $100 to mow your lawn. The plumbers union will be able to charge $400 to fix your toilet while you are on a trip. This will be awesome!!!!!!

If this works, then maybe every unionized Walmart worker will demand $100,000 a year. The local LaRaza union will also demand $100 to mow your lawn. The plumbers union will be able to charge $400 to fix your toilet while you are on a trip. This will be awesome!!!!!!

This is a simplistic and unrealistic view of what would happen. Walmart is the largest employer in America and pay the least amount of benefits per employee. They provide nothing to this country other than taking from the employees to give to the owners and CEOs.

Last edited:
Wow... The end of secret ballot voting.

That means I can find out who the frak voted FOR T.A. 2 at AAI... SWEET! (Can't really, but it would put the pressure on for the next T.A.)

No more hiding behind your vote, boys and girls. BRING IT!! :D

(Why am I not surprised that McCain opposes it?)

I read that entirely differently, Lear. I read it as Management would be able to see who voted for Unionization . . . . and would be free to fire those who voted for a Union, or to vote for a stronger union.

TW

"Simplistic and unrealistic is really about all we do here on Flightinfo"

The simplest and most realistic thing I have seen about what we do here.

All 70k is not needed to severely impact operations/economy/commerce etc!

That's what the PATCO controllers thought in '81, also. They figured their illegal strike would cause enough damage to get what they wanted, even if a bunch of guys crossed the lines. Didn't work out that way, did it? Tons of them ended up crossing the lines, and Reagan replaced the rest with military controllers. You think we can do better? I think not. It's a recipe for disaster.

I read that entirely differently, Lear. I read it as Management would be able to see who voted for Unionization . . . . and would be free to fire those who voted for a Union, or to vote for a stronger union.

TW

Incorrect. Management would never see the cards. Only the union and the NMB would see the cards.

Not workable...

What is workable... is a national demonstration on the DC Mall. There was one last year, but only 100 pilots showed up.... guess it wasn't that important and everything is really fine?

What do you think?

The problem with a national demonstration is that it would garner about 10 seconds of news coverage (if any at all) and maybe some news print coverage on page 12...certainly not front page news.

If somehow everyone called in sick the same day....that would be the lead story on ABC/CBS/NBC and CNN...the pundits would be talking about it for days....

Now...if they threw every pilot that participated in jail....then the whole system would REALLY be shut down.

It may be illegal, but so were the Solidarity strikes in Poland during the Cold War, and those guys faced way harsher consequences than we would (as I recall some were even killed).

Bottom line is it won't happen here, I just believe that in the grand scheme of things, a big demonstration would lead to nothing...

(now if every pilot took the day off of work to participate in said demonstration.....)

Latest resources

Back