Union or non-union?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GoCougs!

I am comparing pay scales from Skywest and XJT. I have noticed that a new hire would make more quicker at XJT than at Skywest. However, XJT is union and Skywest is not. How much do the union dues cut back on a pilot's salary, and is it worth it?

Also, on airlinepilotcentral.com Comair's mins are lower than what is posted on the company website. I meet the mins according to airlinepilotcentral, but not Comair's website. Would it be a smart move to submit a resume anyway, or should I wait until I have the official mins as posted by Comair? Thanks!

I am comparing pay scales from Skywest and XJT. I have noticed that a new hire would make more quicker at XJT than at Skywest. However, XJT is union and Skywest is not. How much do the union dues cut back on a pilot's salary, and is it worth it?

Also, on airlinepilotcentral.com Comair's mins are lower than what is posted on the company website. I meet the mins according to airlinepilotcentral, but not Comair's website. Would it be a smart move to submit a resume anyway, or should I wait until I have the official mins as posted by Comair? Thanks!

Usually the union dues are 1% of your check. As for xjt or skywest.Where do you live? Commuting? I would go with the best paid and best company, usually is the same place..

Thanks! I live in Utah, so Skywest would work well. However, I would love to fly to Mexico with XJT. One thing: my wife and I can't afford to live in Newark if I get put on reserve there. Skywest is notorious for the Frasca sim they use during the interview, but I guess they have to use something to weed everyone out!

Latest resources

Back