Union Buster at Flex exposed!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vinny

The lawyer whose name appears at the bottom of Frank Wolke’s petition to the NMB, Russ Brown, is a member of the board of directors of CIE. This is who Frank has brought into our house to bust our union and threaten our families.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Center_for_Independent_Employees

The Center for Independent Employees (CIE) is a right-wing 501(c)3 nonprofit and a member of the State Policy Network (SPN). Founded in 2002, the Center for Independent Employees' listed address is a P.O. Box out of Spartanburg, South Carolina. CIE's website is password protected, but its social media accounts promote right-wing, anti-union views. "CIE is a legal defense foundation that provides free legal services to workers against unionization," according to President Russ Brown.

SPN is a web of right-wing “think tanks” and tax-exempt organizations in 49 states, Puerto Rico, Washington, D.C., Canada, and the United Kingdom. As of July 2017, SPN's membership totals 153. It is an $83 million right-wing empire as of the 2011 funding documents from SPN itself and each of its state "think tank" members. Although SPN's member organizations claim to be nonpartisan and independent, the Center for Media and Democracy's in-depth investigation, "EXPOSED: The State Policy Network -- The Powerful Right-Wing Network Helping to Hijack State Politics and Government," reveals that SPN and its member think tanks are major drivers of the right-wing, American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)-backed corporate agenda in state houses nationwide, with deep ties to the Koch brothers and the national right-wing network of funders.

The Center for Independent Employees (CIE) is a right-wing 501(c)3 nonprofit and a member of the State Policy Network (SPN). Founded in 2002, the Center for Independent Employees' listed address is a P.O. Box out of Spartanburg, South Carolina. CIE's website is password protected, but its social media accounts promote right-wing, anti-union views. "CIE is a legal defense foundation that provides free legal services to workers against unionization," according to President Russ Brown.

SPN is a web of right-wing “think tanks” and tax-exempt organizations in 49 states, Puerto Rico, Washington, D.C., Canada, and the United Kingdom. As of July 2017, SPN's membership totals 153. It is an $83 million right-wing empire as of the 2011 funding documents from SPN itself and each of its state "think tank" members. Although SPN's member organizations claim to be nonpartisan and independent, the Center for Media and Democracy's in-depth investigation, "EXPOSED: The State Policy Network -- The Powerful Right-Wing Network Helping to Hijack State Politics and Government," reveals that SPN and its member think tanks are major drivers of the right-wing, American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)-backed corporate agenda in state houses nationwide, with deep ties to the Koch brothers and the national right-wing network of funders.[/QUOTE]

Once again the swamp is exposed! Who do these groups really support? Conservatives or Libertarians? I doubt it. I'll wager they want open borders and cheap labor!!

American People have spoken

The right wing is the middle class party in this country. The left wingers are elitist snot nosed brats.

Its a free country. This will come down to a vote. I predict the pilots will vote to keep the union for now.

Why would you predict that? I predict the opposite. I am afraid the IGMs will prevail. 2NN has been very good at promoting his BS..Hell if I haven't lived his lies for so many years I actually started to believe him. Then I had to slap myself back to reality. The guy could sell snow to a eskimo gotta give him that..But Christ all his money you think he could find a better dentist..hey 2NN PM me i know a few really good ones that could help you out. might cost you a G650 type first.

Personal politics shouldn't even play a role in this whole situation. For the most part, pilots tend to be a more conservative group and the pilots at Flex and Options are no different. However, the vast, vast majority of professional pilot groups are unionized. How can that be when right leaning individuals are suppose to hate unions? Answer is because it's not the local leadership that "conservatives" tend to not get along with but it's usually the national leadership. That being said, I can say that I know for near certain that the 1108 leadership, including both Flex and Options guys, tend to lean right. I heard it said here on the Flex side many times, including on Yammer, that guys couldn't support a union, especially the Teamsters, because of their political views. It's such a silly point of view. Isn't the Constitution a "contract" with our "managers" laying out what they can and can't do and what our rights are? What's the difference in having a contract in place to keep OneSky management in place? What right-leaning individual would ever dream of decertifying the Constitution?!? Trump winning the presidency was a true grass roots campaign. Woelke and company represent an out of control, power hungry leviathon who seek to impose their will on their subjects. It's incomprehensible that we've gotten to this point.

American People have spoken

The right wing is the middle class party in this country. The left wingers are elitist snot nosed brats.

Its a free country. This will come down to a vote. I predict the pilots will vote to keep the union for now.

You're crazy if you think the union is going to win this thing for sure.

It will all come down to who individual pilots feel has their best interests at heart:

1) their fellow colleagues at the 1108 who have been in the trenches with them
or
2 ) the management team that has dismantled seniority, increased workload to unsafe and fatiguing levels and created an atmosphere of distrust, bickering and disrespect

As crazy simple as the answer to it should be, it'll be a nail biter for sure.

51% baby

thats all it takes

We are finally getting somewhere close to the end of their ability to obstruct and divide with the NMB's appointment of a mediator for Section 6 negotiations. This is huge.

I hope we don't lose all that progress in the name of a % point or two.

For management the timing is impeccable. They get the vote in just under the wire of the fruition of everything the union has been working toward. I hope pilots realize a better day is right around the corner if they just hold out a little hope.

VOTE IBT-1108!

Woelke gets deeper in bed with the Union busters

0B7B8770-9461-4D36-B6E4-BC099351E3B6.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back