• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union at Flops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What? How does United suffer when Continental goes on strike? Why would Flops suffer if NetJets went on strike?

You seem to misunderstand that if for example Ford workers go on strike the workers at GM don't go out on the picket line. When Ford settles a contract with the union then the union takes that contract to GM and puts it on the table until they accept it then the same contract (more or less) goes to Chrysler until they accept it. That way all the workers are more or less getting close to the same agreement.

If the pay rates and work rules were set at one Fractional then that would be a basis for a contract with the next Fractional.
This way labor costs at all of the fracs will be in line with each other so they can then go onto other aspects of the business.

Now the question is how good a contract can the union get.

Ok that makes a little more sense; however, if it was all under the same union you're telling me that NJA wouldn't expect everyone else to strike with them? I think they would expect it judging from the talk I hear from their pilots.

Cosmo -

You're mistaken. You've heard incorrectly. Each pilot group would belong to the union but would have individual contracts with their respective companies. If Netjets were to go on strike, the Flight Options pilots would continue doing their job at Options.

What can the union do for you? It can get your job back when you are unjustly fired. It just happened at NJA.

cosmotheassman said:
Ok that makes a little more sense; however, if it was all under the same union you're telling me that NJA wouldn't expect everyone else to strike with them? I think they would expect it judging from the talk I hear from their pilots.

Do you really think the NLRB is going to permit a sympathy strike?? That ain't the way it works under the Railway Labor Act.

Latest resources

Back