• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union activity on a resume

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Such as being a FOQA volunteer or an ASAP ERC member?

Yeah, that stuff is usually seen as a positive. It does depend on the airline, though. I wouldn't put anything "ALPA" on an application to SWA. But putting safety work on an application to Delta would probably score you points. Know the airline you're applying to before putting anything on the resume or application. If in doubt, leave union work off.

Yeah, that stuff is usually seen as a positive. It does depend on the airline, though. I wouldn't put anything "ALPA" on an application to SWA. But putting safety work on an application to Delta would probably score you points. Know the airline you're applying to before putting anything on the resume or application. If in doubt, leave union work off.

So putting "Safety Work" and ALPA on a resume to an airline run by "Forklift Joe" Joseph Leonard who was responsible for the American DC10 tragedy and ran Eastern with the worst maintenance imaginable and then topped it all off with Valujet is a smart move?

This is hysterical....next thing you know, PCL will be giving advice on negotiating strategy and the merits of not giving the rank and file a chance to vote on anything......Good Grief....

Last edited:
So putting "Safety Work" and ALPA on a resume to an airline run by "Forklift Joe" Joseph Leonard who was responsible for the American DC10 tragedy and ran Eastern with the worst maintenance imaginable and then topped it all off with Valujet is a smart move?

No, I wouldn't have recommended putting it on a resume for an AirTran application, either. You really should calm down. I'd hate to see you stroke out.

I'd love to see him stroke out.

PCL and Fudgepacker offering their wisdom......reminds me of Obama and Biden.....both of their careers an utter failure.....

PCL and Fudgepacker offering their wisdom......reminds me of Obama and Biden.....both of their careers an utter failure.....

Wow, you get that from a web board? I sure hope your piloting skills are a helluva lot better than your detective skills. Here's my bit of advice to you----DON'T quit your day job. :)

Leave it to a woman to miss the point and hypocrisy of the thread completely. I certainly hope you are not throwing your gender victimhood around the cockpit....I'm sorry...flight deck, like you do on this forum......but I'll bet you do....

Do all your avatar statements reflect your Gender Platform?

If my career is an "utter failure," then what does that say about yours? I'm going to end up at the same place as you, but probably finish my career at a higher relative seniority than you will. Let that sink in for a moment, Sasha. ;)

I interviewed at SWA one time....and got hired after a Military career and two previous majors....

You on the other hand went to work for Gulfstream? That gem was started by two of the most notorious Eastern Scabs on record....then you went to work for Joe Leonard at Airtran?...another Eastern Legend......in the meantime you interviewed and were turned down by SWA how many times?....Once?....Twice?.....then to top it off you end up on SWA property via a merger but before you even set foot in a SWA Jet, you and a few of your ALPA buddies manage to negotiate away tens of millions of dollars of pay and benefits for your fellow Airtran pilots........

And you think your career has been a success?

I'm in the top 10% now and will always be senior to you....always.

Let that sink in for a moment PCL......

Leave it to a woman to miss the point and hypocrisy of the thread completely. I certainly hope you are not throwing your gender victimhood around the cockpit....I'm sorry...flight deck, like you do on this forum......but I'll bet you do....

Do all your avatar statements reflect your Gender Platform?

Be careful, dear, your disdain for women is showing!

What the hell do you mean by "gender victimhood?" I defy you to show me any example of me claiming to be a victimized female. BTW, I do believe you're one of the geniuses who called me a "bitter old man" before you had someone else on here figure out I am a female. I not only don't throw victimhood around the cockpit (oh, and I NEVER say flight deck....it always has been and always will be a cockpit to me---so once again you are W-R-O-N-G....), I don't play victim anytime, anywhere. I guess you are surrounded by women who do that. YOUR wife and daughters, perhaps?

What is a avatar statement? Are you referring to a signature line? What is a "Gender Platform?" :confused:

Sorry if I ruined your testosterone-loaded sausage fest that is FI. I suggest you add me to your ignore list if you don't like me, my sex, my posts or my "gender platforms."
Buh-bye.....:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back