• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
Sorry guys, I just have to vent here.

To all regional pilots: TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR APPEARANCE!!!!!

This isn't about hat or no hat, backpacks, iPods, or frosted hair.

This is about wearing your tie when walking around the terminal. This is about not walking around faded dockers. For god sakes do not wear a worn out red baseball cap around the terminal while weraing the rest of the full uniform (saw that last week - looked very professional from the neck down - looked like a hung-over frat guy from the neck up). Female pilots - please don't wear hot pants and walk around the terminal yelling into your cell phone about what a b---- someone else is.

Thank you for your time. Now back to our regularly scheduled flaming.

Lemme guess...you saw all that in the PHL F Concourse during one 2-hour productivity break?

PS - I agree with you...

Sorry guys, I just have to vent here.

To all regional pilots: TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR APPEARANCE!!!!!

This isn't about hat or no hat, backpacks, iPods, or frosted hair.

This is about wearing your tie when walking around the terminal. This is about not walking around faded dockers. For god sakes do not wear a worn out red baseball cap around the terminal while weraing the rest of the full uniform (saw that last week - looked very professional from the neck down - looked like a hung-over frat guy from the neck up). Female pilots - please don't wear hot pants and walk around the terminal yelling into your cell phone about what a b---- someone else is.

Thank you for your time. Now back to our regularly scheduled flaming.

I dress very professinally. but when my stuff starts to wear out, i can almost guarantee you i am going to get the dockers or just wear ratty stuff. Mostly on principle. My company expects me to wear a specific brand and style that is very expensive. they pay me a crappy salary and on top of that expect me to pay for my own uniform. The first time around i had to shell out 10% of my take home pay for 6 MONTHS!!!:angryfire

Rant over

Lemme guess...you saw all that in the PHL F Concourse during one 2-hour productivity break?

PS - I agree with you...

Actually I think most of the pilots going through the F concourse do a pretty good job. I would say where I saw much of this, but I don't want to be accused of bashing any specific company - as fun as it may be some times.

Yes, whining on Flightinfo. That'll take care of the problem :rolleyes:

Have you confronted your fellow pilots directly?

I have to agree if you want to get the respect and pay of a professional pilot then you have to dress like a professional. When was the last time you saw somebody from a legacy carrier dress as unprofessional as some regional pilots do.

TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR APPEARANCE!

I strongly agree with this. I know how tough it is in this job: I spent my entire first year payroll-deducting my uniform, and that was for the bare-butt minimums since I came over from another airline. The thing is, when people see an ill-presented pilot in the terminal, they won't necessarily know that he's broke, but they will know for sure that he looks like a slob.

Just my opinion; the worse you look, the better I look. :D

I have to agree if you want to get the respect and pay of a professional pilot then you have to dress like a professional. When was the last time you saw somebody from a legacy carrier dress as unprofessional as some regional pilots do.

Hell I once saw an American AIRLINES Captain struttn around in worn out black reeboks along with his potbelly and shirtail hanging out of his 4 inch too short flood pants and his hat looked like he used it as a woopie cushion for 25 years.

The mainline slobs are out there.

I can't stand the putzes that look so ridiculous either. However in some select cases, the hot pants look REALLY nice!

Latest resources

Back