Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Weasel Keeper

Phantom (Falcon) Phixer
I remember after 9/11 the gov't was helping displaced AMTs with retraining when the airlines took the big hit. Are they still offering retraining when you lose your job or is that a state by state thing? I've done a little googling but can't find anything. My company is relocating and I can't afford to move with them...and there's not much in the way of A&P jobs around here.

Cheers!

Go to the local unemployment office and ask about the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). It allows training for a new job or additional training in current occupation to gain employment.

After 9/11 the government increased the amount airline employees could get and added additional funding. While the additional funding is gone the WIA is still in place.

MD

sorry to hear that about your company.I have went through it twice and know how you feel.try going through unemployment and ask for the job training placement assistance (jtpa)pretty good programe if it is still in operation. where is your company moving too?

Thanks for the replies.

Company's moving from FWA to IND, and although 130 miles doesn't sound like much, it just doesn't work out for my family and me.

Latest resources

Back