Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetDriver2000

HI Guys,

I was furloughed from a major now going on 6 months. I'm collecting unemployment, and have recently had a corporate job come open. I've got to be "current and qualified" , so I've got to get a CE 501 type(FlightSafety). Does anyone know how to get gov't retraining money to get this accomplished. I've heard of it being done. especially for 737 types.

Cheers,

T L.

After three months of calling, writing, faxing I was offered 1/4 of the money it would have taken to pay for just a type rating in either the Citation or the Lear. There was only one vendor (Simuflight) and it also didn't cover any expenses.

I would have taken the money if I could have used it at another vendor that was less expensive.

I'm still without a job.

It is paid by your state unemployment division and varies from state to state as to how much and what will be covered. Contact them and start there.

See my response on the other thread - 737 type rating. The world has changed a lot in the past 3-4 years and if there is still a WIA program you MUST have a letter from a potential employer stating that they will interview/hire you IF you successfully complete the course. Everyone is looking for a return on their investment and rightly so. The days when you had to jump through a few hoops, have a good counselor and be fast out of the blocks are long gone.

Wia

it depends on the state that you are trying to get the money from. I tried Indiana first and then California. Indiana did want the paperwork from a potential employer, which to me does not make any sense, but anyway, California paid me unemployment and gave me the money to get my type rating. So really it depends on the state. Some states say that they have no money for the program. Do the leg work and find out for sure before you give up on the idea. Flight Crew Systems International in San Diego is well versed with these programs.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back