• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

unemployment benefits

diggertwo

Total Time
3500+
hey all

looks like i'm going to be furloughed soon from alg and i wanted to know about state benefits. i know that pennsylvania is allowing pilots to get their 737 type rating as part of unemployment training. i would like to know if nj or ny is allowing the same benefits. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

TurboS7

Total Time
That must be your first stop when you walk out the door, it wll take a day but it will cover the house payment. As for getting a type rating every state has diffrent rules but it must help in placement in a job. Most of the time they want to retrain you to become a school teacher or marine biologist or something. Great way to pick up a degree cheap if you don't have one.

rice

Clown Puncher
Total Time
8000+
No Luck in NY

Been round and round in NY unemployment offices about this in just the last two weeks. Bottom line is don't expect anything from NY. Talked with a counselor for over an hour (nice guy) but no help.