• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyme

NORTH DAKOTA:
Grand Forks
University of North Dakota. There have been several sightings of the ghost of a girl, usually without legs, floating up one of the tunnels that connect Wilkerson Dining Hall to five dormitories on this campus. In 1988, three students saw her apparition in the West Hall tunnel. They described her as about 5’5" tall, with short dark hair, wearing a nightshirt. In December 1962, before the tunnels were constructed, a young coed froze to death about sixty feet from West Hall. It is thought she slipped on the ice while trying to make her way to the dining hall at around 2:00 AM. (Grand Forks is far eastern North Dakota, on the Minnesota border at the junction of I-29 and U.S. Hwy 2. University of North Dakota, Box 8095 University Station, Grand Forks, ND 58202. Phone: 701-777-2711.)

I'm a UND alum and lived in West Hall for a while. I never saw a ghost there, as matter of fact, this is the first I've heard of it, and I was there in '88. Possible alcohol-induced hallucinations? There isn't much else to do there in the winter.

"It is thought she slipped on the ice while trying to make her way to the dining hall at around 2:00 AM."

Ummm, The dinning hall is not open at 2:00 a.m., so why would anyone be trying to make it there. Not even the cooks show up that early.

I lived in McVey Hall my freshman year and the only time I thought I saw ghosts were after about 10 glasses of everclear punch.

It sure was nice to have that tunnel however. As I can recall it got colder than a witches tit up there.

This is just like the "Ghost of [Eastern] Flight 401" stuff. My dad was at EAL when 401 went into the Everglades. Not only did he never see a ghost, he never knew anyone who saw one.

Reality isn't as exciting as urban legend, I guess. :rolleyes:

(So, has anybody tried making a pass at the ghost girl, yet? You know, college guys...)

BrownTailGuy said:
...it got colder than a witches tit up there.
Regarding Flightinfo censoring: I can say "tit" but I can't say "**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**?" Where's the logic in that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back