• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UND Seminole Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear about this. Someone please post details when available....

Be safe!

Grunt
2003 UND Alumni

How do they know the time of the accident? Flight following was terminated :15 prior to that time. Having instructed at the U, it seems strange that they would be doing anything other than continuing on their way to GFK so I'd personally rule out airwork as being the problem (ie-stall/spin). 4500 feet also seems a little low for a cruising altitude on that route. Were the clouds low? This crash has me baffled as to the cause.

I think that the winds aloft were rather strong out of the northwest that night, so it wouldn't be unusual to stay low get a better ground speed.

you guys do airwork at night? is that common? Not thats its bad but I'd think a school like UND would prohibit that.

I've said a little prayer for Annette and Adam, I hope they are at peace.

There is something that we must all take from this, probably the toughtest lesson you must learn if you want to be in this business. Regardless of of new technology and improved training, regardless of skill or attitute, aviation is still a dangerous game.

Unforunatley people will die in this game. In my short 26 years on this planet I have lost 3 friends in airplanes. All good people and good pilots. The old passage of "There by the grace of God go I" is critical. There is a tendency to second guess and even insult the departed but in most cases the deceased could just have easily been you or I.

The only thing you can do is to relfect, learn and move on. That may sound harsh and callous, but when you fly an airplane especially one with people in the back you must have a certain coolness about you. You do your job they best way you know how and you hope that its good enough.

God Bless

A. Ross
UND class of 04
CAL 737FO

Aviation is a dangerous game. Still in a well maintained aircraft I feel very comfortable. I have lost 13 people that I have known, all but the last were pilot error. The latest was a extremely wierd situation to say the least, so no speculation at this point. It was very difficult because it was the first real funeral I have been to. Even worse was the fact that he would have been that last person I would have thought would have taken it in the shorts. Very humbling experience to pass through the funeral home and look at the log book that you signed many many times. The only piece I have is knowing that it was'nt something he or I did that caused the accident.

Take care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back