• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UND/Cirrus Corporate Pilot/CFI Positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm about to have my CFII reinstated soon. What is included in the "factory training"? What's the average amount of time spent sitting in the "pool" before you get hooked up with your first client? Are you on salary that whole time? I'm located in NW FL.

full time instructor

Heard Cirrus is now marketing your VERY OWN INSTRUCTOR, for just 85,000 for the first year to get your private and instrument.......
and the instructor gets 30-35 k..LOL....can you say MARK UP....lol

Pool

You sit in the pool when someone buys/need an instructor they (the buyer) interviews 3 from the pool and picks one... not paid in the pool just when you start flying. 1 year 2500 to 5,000 training contract

Last edited:
Pay

Once your sent to training then you sign the contract after you get your first student.
I wonder if you get a student and finish him up to you still get paid while waiting for another?

Once your sent to training then you sign the contract after you get your first student.
I wonder if you get a student and finish him up to you still get paid while waiting for another?

It sounds like a typical flight instructing job meaning you only get paid when flying, and maybe a per diem or something on the road. If they don't have a client for you at that time that means you're not getting paid. Maybe it doesn't happen that often, but I'd be pretty leery of signing a 12 month training agreement without a base salary. Who is going to pay your bills when they don't have a client for you?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back