Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
Anyone else find this shoulder harness setup extremely uncomfortable? It's a single point connection that then branches off into a Y and that Y is right behind your neck meaning it's going to cut into your neck and is very uncomfortable. You would think there is a better way of doing this such as a spacer bar separating the straps behind you or something. I like many others put pads on the shoulder straps but still, it sucks.

Amazon product ASIN B07HNL79JG
I watched a YouTube video last night of a fly-in and noticed a guy in an old Cessna taildragger actually put cables on each strap and tied the cables to an overhead side tube that pulls the Y apart to alleviate this situation.

Curious of anyone else's opinion and remedy of this situation.

I went to buy another set for the rear seat and realized they have different lengths. I'm guessing I have the 10 inch on my should belts now. I'm always moving them up or down, in the past I even tried velcroing the inside to keep them in place. I see when ordering a second set they have different lengths so I'm getting the longest one this time and see how that works and hope to avoid having to adjust it all the time.

Latest resources

Back