Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL390

Phil,

I find it unbelievable that you and your minions would use a tragic accident such as this to try to further your own business at Sunbird. If you were really an advocate for safety and really believed the aircraft at Accelerated Flight Crew Training were unsafe, why don't you petition the FAA. Instead of using this message board to trash my company? Shame on you.

I don't have any relation to Sunbird and I am the one who made the original post. I am one of the many who fly out at Stellar and notice issues with AFCT. I seriously doubt the owners at Sunbird would use this board to try to take people from AFCT training. I doubt they want them. It is my opinion that the planes at AFCT are pieces of junk and many of its flight instructors lack sufficient experience to handle emergencies. Not one of the people who posted negative comments about AFCT said you should go to Sunbird instead. It was RJPilot who started making comments about Sunbird's safety record. Give me a break.

By the way if this is Stew making the original post why don't you explain the following:

1) Why don't you carry any insurance on your aircraft?

2) Explain why you think it is reasonable, safe, and legal to have a flight instructor sitting in the back seat.

3) Explain what is going on with the tiedown area you tried to create without correct permits from the city? Are you ever going to build and move down there if you get the proper permits?

4) Explain to everyone why you lost your DE privileges.

If you ran the operation with a pilot and instructor in front and another pilot in back which could switch legs I don't think people would necessarily have a problem with your operation.

If pilots want to fly old aircraft because they are more affordable that is their choice. These aircraft should be well maintained and not leaking oil all over the ramp.

I prefer to fly better equipment. Yes it costs me a lot more money but I feel it is worth it.

Many of us have issues with those who use your school and think they are so much smarter than the rest of us. Well they aren't. They are cheating the system. If they still manage to get through ground school and sim training someplace so be it. As I have mentioned in previous posts I have friends who have used your school and made negative comments about it. Did it work for them? Yes. However, I think they were much better pilots than many of those who use your school. I still don't think it is right nor the proper way to receive flight training. You might as well just pencil in the time in your logbook and not fly at all.

You might also suggest to many of those that rent your aircraft to not be such cocky SOB's. They aren't special. They are pilots just like the rest of us.

This is a free country and we have the right to express our opinions. I personally have never said anything that was not true about the operation. I have never made any claims that the school has had many accidents etc. My comments have always been based on observations. My old posts about the school have always said people should check the operation out for themselves and form their own opinions.

By the way I don't work for Angel Air either!

If Phil posts to this board, it's news to me. And he certainly wouldn't use a tragic accident to improve his business. To my knowledge, all of the posters here whom you refer to as "minions" either never have been or are not currently affiliated with Sunbird. I don't think we are "bashing" your school, as that implies unfounded accusations are being made. I do think we feel strongly about the concerns we've raised, and perhaps our tone has been harsh. I am with azpilot in that you are the best person to answer these concerns. RJpilot was obviously unable to provide any facts. If you want to set the record straight, please respond to each of azpilots's requests above.

Latest resources

Back