Ultranav

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rollback

Anyone using Ultranav with multiple pilots/airplanes? If so, how do you manage the updates through ultranav and make sure every pilot has the updated versions on their personal computer? It seems to me that it would be a logistical problem getting and keeping every person on the same page.

rollback said:
Anyone using Ultranav with multiple pilots/airplanes? If so, how do you manage the updates through ultranav and make sure every pilot has the updated versions on their personal computer? It seems to me that it would be a logistical problem getting and keeping every person on the same page.
Ultranav updates? I've beeen using Ultranav for over 10 years. Just how often do you think that the performance charts in the AFM change? Did you happen to mean JeppView?

'Sled

?

Then there should be no problems. I have never used it. I was thinking they would update the software on a regular basis not the performance charts. Anyway, it should be a non-issue. Thanks for the replies.

G100driver said:
Put the UltraNav on a palm pilot and leave the palm pilot in the A/C. I have never used UltraNav on my PC.

They no longer offer their software for PDA's.. It now requires a full version of Windows to operate.

FYI...for those of you fortunate enough to be using ARINC Direct for your flight planning/filing/datalink, they have a new airport analysis program that is very good. It is provided by a vendor called APG that also provides the data to part 121 and 135 operators. They have a number of "special procedures" developed for those challenging airports such as Aspen,etc.

h25b said:
They no longer offer their software for PDA's.. It now requires a full version of Windows to operate.

Bummer. That was only way it was convenient. This is what we did in our Astra when I used to use it.

G100driver said:
Bummer. That was only way it was convenient. This is what we did in our Astra when I used to use it.

exactly, i got approval to purchase pda's/software for our aircraft only to find this out...

There's another company out there that has software that runs on PDAs and Palm Tops. I don't remember right off hand their name, but I understand they've also got a pretty useful performance program. If any of you are interested I'll look around for their info.

'Sled

I found the website: www.cavucompanies.com

I've never used their program, but I understand it's OK.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back