• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ultralights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd heard the Quad city was also unstable in pitch , the thrustline was so out of whack with the plane it would pitch very hard up or down depending on whether power was added or removed.. and opposite from what you would expect.

What's interesting is that the Challengers are HUGELY popular in Canada. And it's my experience that the Canuks are pretty anal about stuff like this. So I'm surprised that if this aircraft has such a serious in-stability problem, such that the UK required a different tail, that the Canuks have accepted it as-is???

ngsp said:
mine is the yellow/ blue and white one in griffin, ga. it is brand new with only 5 hours on it.

Yep, I found it.

For me, this type of flying begs to bring a friend. So I'm only researching 2-place units.

thanks.

the challenger popular for two reasons. the airframe is cheaper than other enclosed kits and it will carry two full size adults on just the rotax 503 engine with good performace. both of these factors are because the plane is built very light. the canadian dealer even offers a larger aftermarket tail kit to install on the challenger. i am not saying the challenger is a bad or dangerous plane, i just want you you to understand that it has tradeoffs for the price. i fly a challenger single seater all the time that hangers with me. i just prefer to own the gt-400.

fly safe
ngsp

If your into amphibious stuff, I know of a really cool amphibious trike called a Ramphos that's located in Central CA. Check it out at www.raphosusa.com for specifics. It's made in Italy. This one is a 582 Rotax and 19 Meter North Wing Mustang strutted wing. Best of light airplane, ski boat and motorcycle all in one. It's virtually new, always hangared with only 75 hours on it and I think it's for sale if anyone has a nice lake or small field they'd like to fly out of. Drop an email to me if you want to get hooked up with the owner.

Hey NGSP, I think you're the same guy I went up and saw in N GA a few years ago. Wanted to get into ultralights, still want to, still haven't, still at ASA....You're at AT, right? I need to see if I still have your contact info at home so you can help me get this going. Want the open cockpit type flying you mentioned. Last I talked to you was in the C concourse, you said you moved south of ATL.? anyway, will touch base with you soon....

Hey guys, been while since i've been on here, lots going on in my life, just recently moved to las vegas, but not sure if or how much ultralight action is going on.. tried a web search and came up empty.. if anyone knows of a club or airpark for ultralights, let me know, i'd appreciate it.

Hey guys, been while since i've been on here, lots going on in my life, just recently moved to las vegas, but not sure if or how much ultralight action is going on.. tried a web search and came up empty.. if anyone knows of a club or airpark for ultralights, let me know, i'd appreciate it.

Latest resources

Back