Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airpiraterob

LaForge Sayz:
I was thinkin abou the ultimate single-engine seaplane and thought. as far as bada$$ singles go...whats the baddest? of course the c208 caravan amphib would be VERY high on my list. but as far as being the single-engine king of the lake, I think I found the perfect plane.

the Antonov AN-2v...the V version is mounted up on floats.
thats a HOSS if i ever saw one.
www.an2v.strana.de/page4-6.htm
www.an2v.strana.de/page4-7.htm
www.an2v.strana.de/page4-2.htm

Cool Pix, stick with your Caravan idea. You'd never be able to dock that thing anywhere.... or find parts.

Launchpad said:
You'd never be able to dock that thing anywhere.... or find parts.

Not true about he parts. the AN-2 is probably the aircraft which has been in continuous production for the longest time. There are lots of them in Soviet bloc countries and in china. If there were a market for parts, they would appear (everything in Russia is for sale) The thing is, there is no market for them, as the airplane is pretty much worthless in the US. The FAA will only certify then in the experimental, exhibition category, which is very restrictive. Essentially you can fly to and from airshows, and occasionally for proficiency. Legally, you couldn't even fly your family out to the cabin for the weekend in one.

The Beav will always be my favorite but the single Turbo Otter is a pretty sweet ride as well. Visibility is nowhere near as good as the Beaver though.

A Caravan of floats is a piece of junk...Although its fast, it sucks around the dock and on the water. I'd go with a Turbine Beaver...An "Original" Turbine Beaver, not a Viking clone or a Wipaire thing. The Viking clones are better than the Wip Beavers however...Call me old fashioned because thats what I am...

BORAT said:
An "Original" Turbine Beaver, not a Viking clone or a Wipaire thing....

What's wrong with a Viking beaver? Aren't they built to conform to hte original Turbine Beaver certificate?

Call me old school, but I'm going to have to go with the 206 on amphibs with the 185 recieving an honorable mention.

-Goose

The Viking Turbines are ok, I'm just not a huge fan of the panel and some other mods they make... The Wipaire Turbine is a bit of a pig and they don't redo the tail which is crucial, plus they put the Caravans fuel system in it, which sucks...

Have fun with a 206 on Amphibs...If you ever get off the water!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back