Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jeroom

Cabin crew held over drug haul
Fifteen cabin and flight crew staff have been arrested after 50kg (110lbs) of cannabis was found on a flight from Johannesburg to Heathrow Airport.
The haul, worth about £150,000, was seized from a South African Airways plane, customs officials said.
Officers from the UK Border Agency found the drugs in three bags after the plane landed in London at 0800 GMT.
A customs spokesman said those being held in custody would now be interviewed by investigating officers.
He said customs and UK Border Agency officials played a vital role in the fight to prevent illegal drugs from entering the UK.
He urged anyone with information about activity they suspect may be linked to drugs smuggling to call the 24-hour customs hotline on 0800 59 5000.

Now what is the TSA's going to find as a new kneejerk rule with that??

Mandatory cavity searches for all crew members reporting for duty. You heard it here first.

Okay...so I know which vital area I'm no longer cleaning in the shower...

That brings the number down to three...

You got me good on that one...
I can't edit it anymore apparently so, I'll just go to FOX news and fill up an application for "Most serious Aviation Expert in da world"

You won't even need an app at MSNBC, just show up and blab all you want over there.

The first news article I read about this bust had spelled out 150,000 pounds... I thought someone had tried to fill a freighter with drugs...

-TF

Latest resources

Back