• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uh oh, obama administration coming to save us next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's foolish to chalk up saving "too big to fail banks" to saving an industry that allows 250 hour pilots fly in the airlines.

That's great news, I would welcome full and complete re-regulation including pay rates set back to 1977 and adjusted for inflation. Who cares if it would cost $2500 for a round trip coast to coast ticket...that's what it SHOULD cost, and all the better if our load factors plummet to 60%....if we are turning a profit then it's all good. Cheap air travel is NOT a constitutional right and the only reason it is as cheap as it is is because you and I are currently subsidizing it with our wages and retirement. 60% load factors would be great for commuting as well! Bring it on!

Getting a huge salary to do jack sh*t is not a constitutional right either. Stores, resturants, etc, everyone should triple their prices so the employees don't have to work as hard, places are less crowded etc. After all they are subsidizing that plasma tv you just bought for $1000 instead of $5000. That is the american way of thinking...getting the very most for your money. Why should the airlines be any different?

-As far as the sick time-check out this site:

http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm

-This is a federal law-they cannot discipline you for being sick... Just follow the guidelines, get the right paperwork filed, and you are set.

Until the next P.C. check where they fail you, then 'determine' that you are "untrainable" & let you go. I've seen it happen. More than once

Getting a huge salary to do jack sh*t is not a constitutional right either. Stores, resturants, etc, everyone should triple their prices so the employees don't have to work as hard, places are less crowded etc. After all they are subsidizing that plasma tv you just bought for $1000 instead of $5000. That is the american way of thinking...getting the very most for your money. Why should the airlines be any different?

What is your definition of a Huge salary? and if you seriously consider what a 121 pilot does for a living as not doing jack sh*t then you really need to re-evaluate your career options. The people working at the stores, restaurants and factory assembly lines do not have the education level I have, the post graduate professional training nor the continued scrutiny that pilots have NOR do they have the near the respondsibility that we do. Doctors, lawyers, and select few others are compensated fairly for what they do/produce. I would also say to you that we also do not get paid for what we "do" for we also get paid for what we might "have to do".

I recently had 2 surgeries that required an mulitple doctors for several hours each. I viewed those 4 doctors as peers in the ses scale and rightly so. Perhaps someday when you have made the leap beyond the CFI world, put in your time at the regionals and are lucky enough to make the transition to a major and get off probation and start receiving sufficient pay for what you do...your view of your self worth will change for the better.

Yes I do believe that we are better that those other workers you mentioned and yes we are and should be compensated higher and NO i do not feel bad that i feel this way nor should i.

Maybe he'll make regional captains "spread the wealth"....$56,000 can go SUCH a long way.
Maybe he'll just give mgt billions, oops, a trillion dollars so they can go bankrupt anyway and keep the coin.
Maybe he'll force regional FOs to pay for abortions.
Maybe he'll bow to JO when shaking his hand.
Or maybe he'll just butt out and let the free market dictate what happens...LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.

I agree and disagree. The free market fails when controlled by people with unbridled greed, corruption and a complete lack of ethics. The airline industry is an obvious example that is set up to fail as it is at the moment.

Latest resources

Back