UFlyMike Works with new Bose QC-15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mblackey

Lots of calls asking this question; yes, the UFlyMike (past and present) works just fine with the new QC-15.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
Did you find the noise canceling in the QC15 that much better than the QC2? Just wondering if it's worth upgrading for the Saab. Thanks.

Mike,
Did you find the noise canceling in the QC15 that much better than the QC2? Just wondering if it's worth upgrading for the Saab. Thanks.

It is noticably quieter. You might want to take advantage of Bose' 30 day return policy to compare them in the Saab.

Mike

isn't the AAA battery a plus also?

Yes. Actually, the original QC-2 also uses one AAA battery, also. The big drawback to the QC-3 is that it requires a special battery... and a special battery charger... just what you need, another battery and charger to carry around.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I'm still selling my guys on your product. I figure I'm up to about 8 or 10 now. When is that commission check coming again? ;)

There was a rumbling a little while back about our standards department looking into the ufly and possibly prohibiting them in the FOM. I asked one friend in standards if he'd ever heard the phrase "cold dead fingers."

What's the price? Couldn't find it on your website.

$300 for the QC-15 and $200 for the Uflymike unless Mike is getting greedy...;)

Both truly great products.

$300 for the QC-15 and $200 for the Uflymike unless Mike is getting greedy...;)

Both truly great products.

gutshotdraw,

Not greedy but trying to recover some of the TSO certification costs. The UFM now goes for $225. Thanks for your continued support, and we'll put that bonus check in with your Christmas card this year.

As far as your FOM prohibiting the UFM, it would be interesting since the FAA has TSO certified the UFM with the QC-2 and earbud. It's as TSO'd as any other headset.

Mike

gutshotdraw,

Not greedy but trying to recover some of the TSO certification costs. The UFM now goes for $225. Thanks for your continued support, and we'll put that bonus check in with your Christmas card this year.

As far as your FOM prohibiting the UFM, it would be interesting since the FAA has TSO certified the UFM with the QC-2 and earbud. It's as TSO'd as any other headset.

Mike

That's also what I told my Standards guy and a couple other people that have brought it up. You'd be surprised by the lack of understanding of the distinction between STC and TSO. I think that situation has been nipped in the bud.

BTW, do you think the -15 is that much of an upgrade that I should retire the -2?

And I was just kidding about the greedy thing. Capitalism works....if we let it.

Latest resources

Back