Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mblackey

Hi Folks,

We're conducting a survey about headsets to determine which ones you use, which ones you like, and your opinion on how much control your air carrier, aircraft manufacturer, and/or the FAA should have in telling you what you should use.

Please take a few minutes to take the survey. We collect no personal information, the results are anonymous, and you can see the running results immediately after completing the survey.

Here's the link: http://uflymike.com/id16.html

If that doesn't work, go to our website:

www.uflymike.com and look for the "Survey" page.

We also have a banner ad to the left of this thread on FI.

Thanks!

Mike
UFlyMike LLC

Completed it. 2 issues I noticed are that if you accidentally select a rating for the wrong headset, there is no way to deselect it. Also, the survey refers to the uflymike as a headset, which it is not. As a result, I selected the Bose (i.e., QC2) and rated it in conjunction with the uflymike.

The Bose QC2 isn't an aviation headset either.

This isn't a stump your neighbor exam.

Bose has an aviation line of headsets for over 2wice the price of a QC2/UFLYMIKE setup. That is the bose.

The UFLYMIKE selection on the survey was likely made that way because Mike is trying to DECREASE exposure to Bose Corp by NOT mentioning their product, hence UFLYMIKE as the title for the QC2/UFLYMIKE selection.

My 2 pennies...

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I didn't say anything about "aviation headsets." I said "headset." I also realize Bose has "aviation" headsets. I just stated how I rated mine in the survey. The uflymike and Bose QC2 are 2 separate pieces of equipment from 2 separate companies, and have separate issues. I responded in the survey as such.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I didn't say anything about "aviation headsets." I said "headset." I also realize Bose has "aviation" headsets. I just stated how I rated mine in the survey. The uflymike and Bose QC2 are 2 separate pieces of equipment from 2 separate companies, and have separate issues. I responded in the survey as such.

I didn't think I had to be but guys like you are the reason that coffee needs a warning on it that says, "CAUTION. HOT."

Just kidding.

Not really.

Maybe I am... :nuts:

I don't have a Ufly set up but have flown with several crew members that have. They miss quite a few radio calls and their ICS Modulation is weak. I have grown quite irritated and am contemplating baning them from my aircraft.

That's the first negitive feedback I've heard about the Ufly / Q2C combo.

Why do they miss calls? You say the modulation is weak, can't you simply turn up the intercom volume or is it that bad?

Does anyone else have the same or different complaints? I've heard nothing but good things until now about Ufly.

I don't have a Ufly set up but have flown with several crew members that have. They miss quite a few radio calls and their ICS Modulation is weak. I have grown quite irritated and am contemplating baning them from my aircraft.

May I ask what type of headset you use?

I flew with one guy who had a similar complaint about the intercom and am trying to determine whether it was my headset, his headset, our combination of headsets, or the intercom itself because I've only had one person even mention it.

As for missing radio calls... well, I sincerely doubt that has anything to do with the headset- perhaps it's a short between the ear pieces. :rolleyes:

"...banning them from my aircraft." That right there is funny. Have fun with that. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back