Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GCD

All:

We have several TPU (part-timer Reservist) positions at Gray Army Airfield, Texas.

To qualify, you must be a rated US Army Aviator with more than 500 hours of fixed-wing multi-engine turbine time, which can be civilian time or a combination of military and civilian time.

We will accept packets from rated, or formerly rated pilots or aviators from other military branches who meet the minimum of 500 hours fixed-wing multi-engine turbine time.

There is an Order of Merit List, so your last three OER's are very important to include in your packet.

Important to know: You will deploy for a minimum 12 months for your first combat tour.

For more information, and what needs to be in your application packet, contact CW4 Gregg C. Dunham at [email protected]

So basically a Civ with an interest in joining up is SOL for this posting under any circumstance?

Not really......

So basically a Civ with an interest in joining up is SOL for this posting under any circumstance?

No, you just have to join the Army Reserves (which are short fixed wing drivers) and maybe they'll bring you in as a C-12 (King Air) driver. Then wait it out and move into the UC-35.
If one is furloughed the guard/reserve way of life is a good way to keep a nice QOL. Some, ok most will be paid better then their current job.
Some guard units have a great education program too. I know if a person who while in the Jersey Guard had not only a master's program paid in full, but earned a PhD. and the complete cost ($53K) paid in full by the guard.

Part time position but deployed for at least a year!! There is no such thing as part time in many guard and reserve units....mine included!!

Will they take a 42 year old current USAF with over 4000 hours of fixed wing!?

So I would enlist in the ANG then apply for flight school once in?
I never had any luck active duty because of my vision, so I never bothered to check the guard/reserves. Was that a bad move or will I get the same thanks but no thanks from them as well. (20 by 200 fully correctable)

So I would enlist in the ANG then apply for flight school once in?
I never had any luck active duty because of my vision, so I never bothered to check the guard/reserves. Was that a bad move or will I get the same thanks but no thanks from them as well. (20 by 200 fully correctable)

It's hard to get FW right off the bat. Your guna have to prolly track helos for some time before you will be able to get FW. I'm going through this all right now. How old are you?

Part time position but deployed for at least a year!! There is no such thing as part time in many guard and reserve units....mine included!!

You signed up for the US military, not some weekend flying club. What is wrong with some people???

It's hard to get FW right off the bat. Your guna have to prolly track helos for some time before you will be able to get FW. I'm going through this all right now. How old are you?

Now 31. Tried the Active duty Warrant program for helicopters. Recruiter assured me with my background and test scores it'd be a slam dunk.... Sent everything in and was rejected (this was 2004) because they wanted 20/20 vision uncorrected. Go figure, the Navy 8 years earlier for fixed wing wanted 20/80. At that point I had tried Navy, Airforce, Coast Guard, and lastly Army. I gave up figuring it just wasn't meant to be for me.

I think you maybe getting really close to the age limit I wana say its 32 or 33. If your serious you need to get a packet put together asap!!! You can try for WOFT or OCS or go enlisted and hope for a slot to come up while your at a guard unit.

WMUSIGPI, If you read the post, you will see this is not an entry level position. You can apply for flight school, go to a line unit, then apply with us. My post clearly states military rated pilot or aviator. Sorry, but a Citation Jet job in the Army is very competitive.

Junglejett, yes we will take you, if you have good OER's, you are willing to become an Army Warrant Officer, and have a commuting plan when applying. We currently have a former USMC O4, now USAR WO1 in school. He is an early retired, age 52, AA pilot just wanting the Reserve gig. Give me an email.

Age is not huge factoior in this position, as long as you are a, or were a, rated pilot or aviator. I would say we will take you up to 57 because Warrants can go to 60, or 62 with a waiver. We need a minimum of three years from you to be a viable asset because of training and deployment times.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back