Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

250scp

All,

Received the email below from Todd Coomans, UALMEC Furlough Coordinator today. It outlines the specifics of where the recall process stands at UAL and removes the guess work of where they are in the recall process and when they expect to reach the bottom of the furlough list. Good read and great news.

To all furloughees,

The bypass rate has increased as well as the number of pilots accepting recall that are on extended leaves of absence (Military Leave or Section 7-D-1), therefore, additional recall letters were mailed out on Friday, 25 August 2006, in order to fill the 25 September 2006 and 16 October 2006 recall classes. Recall letters have now been mailed out down to seniority number 8123 (DOH 23 July 2000). Though recall classes have not yet been announced by United for November or December 2006, we are anticipating that the company will most likely hold two (2) more recall classes this year. If the current bypass and leave of absence rate continues, at least 250 to 300 more first time recall notices will be issued to fill these classes, depending on the number of pilots coming off of bypass. This will bring us to within 250 from the bottom of the seniority list, and I believe that these furloughed pilots will receive recall offers by the beginning of next year.

As of the 21 August 2006 recall class, the recall numbers are as follows:

Recalled to Active Service 475
Recalled and on Leave of Absence 266
Bypassed Recall 630
Off of Bypass for Sep. or Oct. class 24
Resigned when offered recall 14

We recognize that this is a difficult decision for many, especially for those of you who will be returning at first or second year pay ($31.19 or $49.63). For those who have already decided to bypass, please let the company know of your intention to bypass as soon as possible, even though you are automatically placed on bypass if you do not respond within fourteen days under the Furlough Recall Bypass Letter 04-07. This will give the furloughed pilots who are more junior to you increased notice of their recall opportunity, since it will allow the company to mail out further recall notices to fill the recall class sooner.

For those of you on Furlough Bypass that are thinking about coming off of bypass for a future class. I want to remind you that you must come off of bypass prior to the mailing of an offer of recall in order to be included in that offer. Also, when you come off of bypass you will be included in the next offer that your seniority will allow. We are currently working with the company on the mechanics of recall once we reach the bottom of the seniority list as outlined in the Furlough Recall Bypass Letter 04-07 as this is rapidly approaching.

Fraternally,

J. Todd Coomans
UALMEC Furlough Coordinator
[email protected]

Anyone out there still on furlough try to get a Personal Lv of Absence approved through the company?

Puppy said:
Anyone out there still on furlough try to get a Personal Lv of Absence approved through the company?

From what I've read on the UAL ALPA board, they're still being approved IF you put them in before you're recalled and they are for a short period of time.

For those on mil leave, how are assignments made? I.e., I'll be on mil leave for the October 16 class. Will my assignment just go unfilled?

Latest resources

Back