Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthegoo

UAL wants to screw with the jumpseat in the new travel agreement,

Our (SkyWest) SAPA president sent us an update today that says that in the new travel agreement with UAL, they (UAL) would like to limit the jumpseat in a way that would only allow for one jumpseater to ride free, and only if the cabin were totally full, in other words if you are jumpseating and there is a seat in the cabin that is available, you will have to take that seat and pay as if you were a non-rev, AND even worse if you decline to pay the new annual fee to UAL you will be left behind completely.

Also they want to cut off jumpseating to offline carriers completely and only let them ride if they buy an ID90, which is a huge foul against all of our reciprocal agreements with many other airlines, which they will most certainly terminate our jumpseat agreements for,

UAL is trying to make a nickel any way they can,

UAL SUCKS!

hmmm...news to me! I have heard nothing mentioned on the UAL side. Hope this isn't true!!!

UAL wants to screw with the jumpseat in the new travel agreement,

Our (SkyWest) SAPA president sent us an update today that says that in the new travel agreement with UAL, they (UAL) would like to limit the jumpseat in a way that would only allow for one jumpseater to ride free, and only if the cabin were totally full, in other words if you are jumpseating and there is a seat in the cabin that is available, you will have to take that seat and pay as if you were a non-rev, AND even worse if you decline to pay the new annual fee to UAL you will be left behind completely.

Also they want to cut off jumpseating to offline carriers completely and only let them ride if they buy an ID90, which is a huge foul against all of our reciprocal agreements with many other airlines, which they will most certainly terminate our jumpseat agreements for,

UAL is trying to make a nickel any way they can,

UAL SUCKS!

Let us know how that works out for your off-line jump seaters? Hope the company thinks about that one for a long time!

This would effectively end all the current jumpseat agreements UA has with other airlines. Hope UA ALPA crushes this asap.

You UAL sallys need to grab your BAL$$ and vote to strike against a matter of this magnitude if it turns to be true. How about you guys just tell me where I can find Glen himself and I will show him how this old country boy deals with flat footed city slickers like himself.

Last edited:
You UAL sallys need to grab your BAL$$ and vote to strike against a matter of this magnitude if it turns to be true. How about you guys just tell me where I can find Glen himself and I will show him how this old country boy deals with flat footed city slickers like himself.

This guy needs to run for ALPA president.:beer:

I kinda doubt if ALPA can strike over this....Glen is on Wacker drive...go find him yourself....let us know how that goes.

MapQuest might even give you vectors to him.

UA Management couldn't possibly be this stupid, could it?

Oh yes, yes it could.

I don't think it will fly though. The jumpseat is sacred ground and I doubt that it is anything except a tactic to distract. Keep all eyes on the actual prize not the management invented bull sheet.

Latest resources

Back