Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meatwallet

certified muff diver
Word around my crew room is United will discontinue its limit on jumpseaters to the number of jumpseats available in the aircraft.

Don't know when it is to take effect, or if it already has.

Anyone else have additional info?

On a side note, how is jumpseating in the back to Europe on UAL?

Last edited:
There wasn't any limit the other night on a flight. The jumpseat was occupied and about 5 of us were in in the back.

meatwallet said:
Word around my crew room is United will discontinue its limit on jumpseaters to the number of jumpseats available in the aircraft.

Don't know when it is to take effect, or if it already has.

Anyone else have additional info?

On a side note, how is jumpseating in the back to Europe on UAL?

United is supposed to be going to unlimited jumpseats in the near future according to the pilots I spoke with when I jumpseated on them the other day.

United has negotiated a new policy that allows an unlimited number of OMCs(jumpseaters) to ride in the back. That policy will be effective no later than september 25 of this year. One more major down, now who does that leave? Oh yeah NW, CO, DL, and AA (sort of).

Twotter76 said:
United has negotiated a new policy that allows an unlimited number of OMCs(jumpseaters) to ride in the back. That policy will be effective no later than september 25 of this year. One more major down, now who does that leave? Oh yeah NW, CO, DL, and AA (sort of).

I think all airlines should take unlimited or at least offer it to the companies that offer their pilots unlimited (ie most regionals). It should work both ways.

Twotter76 said:
One more major down, now who does that leave? Oh yeah NW, CO, DL, and AA (sort of).

What do you mean by sort of? AE changed the policy to permit unlimited J/S about 6 months ago. I was told that we changed the policy to mirror AA's new policy. Is AA not unlimited J/S?

AA is now!

AA is now an unlimited j/s carrier! Ive used them several times out to the west coast and back and they have lifted the 1 j/s clause. They do treat you well when you j/s, I have to give them that!!!!

They have lifted the 1 j/s quota on a few select airlines but went about claiming that they had lifted it for all who reciprocate. UNTRUE! My large regional airline is among many who have always offered unlimited j/s to AA (and everyone else) but are denied any reciprocity by our friends at AA. Now this is not to say that they are not working on it - I am sure that they will get around to us sometime but until that time I am hearing more and more of our Captains denying multiple AA jumpseaters and I can't say that I have a problem with that.

I have no problem with their new policy - in fact I think that it sets the proper standard, you give us unlimited and we will give you the same. Limit us and we will limit you. Where I have a problem is in their inconsistent enforcement of this policy. I know that there are many good people at AA working on this but it is getting old quick to be continually left out of that program when I see our peers being included. They have always treated me well when I ride with them and I hold no ill will towards the AA pilot group but this glaring ommision needs to be fixed and I don't just mean my airline - all those who offer unlimited jumpseats should be offered that level of reciprocity by the nice folks at AA.

Last edited:
Well.....

I'll tell you what, all you bitches are always welcome at QX. But... if the rest of yous keeps denying me jumpseats casue of your bull$hit policies, that may soon change.....

Latest resources

Back