• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL seeks to void union contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clownpilot, would you mind supplying the financial, legal, and historical facts and statistics to back up these three statements:

1. Ch 11 removes control of the company from mgt and places it in the hands of the judge.

2. Strategy is no longer an issue.

3. "U" is in a death spiral.

I appreciate your assessment but please provide the numbers you ran to reach these conclusions.

Specifically, in addition to the applicable list of requirements you needed from Turbo, I need a comparison of decisions made by "U" mgt vs Ch 11 court rulings, the source of strategic moves "U" has appeared to make in the past month and how the industry will or wont respond, an indepth analysis of the differences between past airline bankruptcies and present ones, an analysis of bankruptcy law to include Section 1113 Petitions, and possible effects of a Gulf War and Korean War.

I'm sure I've left some out but I'm sure they're included in your indepth analysis. I'd appreciate those numbers as soon as you can send them. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your statements, but possibly reasonable people, even industry experts, would disagree with your all or part of your assertions.

thank you

My 2 cents

PILOTYIP its not just 10,000 pilot jobs there are hard working FA's with mortgages too as well as other employess some which have shownb there greed others have not. I know this is a pilot board but a alot of families are possibly in a "world of hurt"

I stand corrected

You are right I should have said 50K+ employees and not 10K pilots, but like you said most of the slant on this board is pilot, I stand corrected

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back