UAL Pilots -- pre Chap 11 to post 11 -- Total Paycut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

For UAL guys what is the direct hit to pay that pilots took pre Chap 11 to post Chap 11 (excluding loss of pensions etc.). Should NW pilots be expecting similar cuts or will NW go beyond that ?

Finally, when is the UAL pilot contract up for renegotiation?

Just got off the phone with a UAL 777 F/O friend; he's down about 45%. You'll need a reply direct from a UA guy for a more accurate figure.

NWA pilots are down about the same. Who knows where the bottom is? And NW pensions are still in jeopardy.

Hi,
There were two hits, First cut 30%. Second hit 11%. Plus increased heath insurance costs. So appox 41% and insurance premiums.
That is if you were fortunate to hang on to your position. Alot of people took way more when you factor in downgrades and of course if they were out on the street.
If I am incorrect UAL people let me know.

Birdman
BTV

fatboyplt said:
Hi,
There were two hits, First cut 30%. Second hit 11%. Plus increased heath insurance costs. So appox 41% and insurance premiums.
That is if you were fortunate to hang on to your position. Alot of people took way more when you factor in downgrades and of course if they were out on the street.
If I am incorrect UAL people let me know.

Birdman
BTV

I could be totally wrong on this, but I think The first 30% paycut was from the original pay rate. The second 11% was taken from the reduced rate (not the original pay rate). So it wasn't quite 41% Anyway, it sucks, and it will take years to go back where the industry pay was (if it ever does.)

Honest Question

I understand pay rates are down approx. 41% from their highs. I 'm curious to know what was the last pay raise before the #*&^! hit the fan? I'm asking someone to compare now with the pre-2000(?) contract pay rates?

Also, has there been an increase in the monthly guarantee or overall increase in flying to counter the loss in rates of pay?

Rigs have been shredded too, as well as DH pay for training and in certain other situations, and sick pay has also been affected. Don't forget to add these factors on top of the direct pay rate reductions. Someone else also mentioned it, but lots of downgrades too which create a double whammy.

How about a couple of W-2 comparisons.....say 2001 and 2005 with someone lucky enough to stay on the same equipment.

Never thought I'd be talking about "the good old days" so soon.

My father is a UA 777 cap. and all cuts included (healthcare etc.) he's right at 50%.

Latest resources

Back