• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
UAL PLSA Rollover

For those of you UAL furlough-types that are smart on financial matters: what did you roll your PLSA over too? Any good recommendations on specific funds/IRA's? I'm doing mine ASAP, and need some quick, good suggestions.
Also, has anyone heard a possible date when the PLSA will be terminated?

Last edited:
Pdap

Well I put mine in an the American Century Heritage Fund. I have some other funds with them and thought I could use it short term......well I better wait long term because I am down about 8% since last year :( I would suggest a good growth fund. The value funds have pretty much run their course (JMHO) and I think small/midcap growth is were to be with most of your money, but hey that is just me. Also I am a pilot and not exactly a money guru......If I was I wouldn't be sitting here going through sim training for a jet 4 jobs :)

Good luck,

Todd

I rolled mine over to my Russell funds.
I plan on rolling my Russell funds over to an IRA at Scottrade. Once I've rolled it into an IRA, I'll convert the IRA to a Roth. At least that way, I've already paid the taxes on it and it will grow tax-free.

I know this is a little late but you should talk with Andy Miller at AXA Advisors. He and his gang are furloughed pilots converted to helping the same in their financial endeavors. Andy is furloughed United along with three other UAL furloughees and one soon to leave AA pilot. In fact there was a great article about him in the RockyMountain news

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/business/article/0,1299,DRMN_4_3291976,00.html
. Hope this helps, Chris

I rolled my PLSA and Russell into AXA. Andy Miller is great to work with. I've had nothing but good results. If anyone knows any furloughed UAL guys that havn't got their PLSA.... tell them to get it out now, while they still have a chance. If they need help have them call Andy Miller at 720-946-4369. Good luck

Latest resources

Back