• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Passengers injured during landing in DUB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SEVERAL passengers on a United Airlines carrier that landed in Dublin Airport early this morning sustained minor injuries during the flight.
Flight UA23 from New York to Dublin ?encountered severe turbulence during the flight?s descent into Dublin?, according to a spokesperson for United Airlines.

Carrying 129 customers and 8 crew on board, the Boeing 757 landed safely at Dublin Airport but was met by medical personnel on the runway.
A number of passengers reportedly sustained injuries due to a drop in altitude during the flight.
?One customer was taken to hospital to receive medical attention and has since been discharged. Seven other customers sustained minor injuries and were released by medical services,? according to United Airlines.
A Dublin Airport Authority spokesperson has confirmed that the police and emergency services attended the landing ?as a standard and precautionary measure? and that a number of passengers were treated for ?minor injuries?.
United Airlines are currently carrying out an investigation into what happened during the flight.

It was probably a sCAL flight. For the most part, I've found their crews to be generally unprofessional. They probably just "cowboyed" up and then got their assless chaps handed to'em.

Why we bought them instead of letting them liquidate first I will never know. $1.468 billion in losses the 7 quarters prior to acquisition is as black and white as it gets.

Why we bought them . . . I will never know.
Why you bought us, we'll never know. 4500 pilots asking the same thing. We've now joined your long-range strategic plan code named "Gliding Brick." BK in five years. But at least you stapled us so when the list goes to 8,000 we'll all be gone. BTW, UAL is history, CAL lives on: FAA Airline Certificates

Last edited:
Why we bought them instead of letting them liquidate first I will never know.
Well, there's your answer.

"Continental Airlines was historically known for having superior service compared to the other legacy carriers. By catering to deep-pocketed business travelers, Continental earned a revenue premium over competitors. The merger with United was supposed to improve that revenue premium over time by creating the top route network in the industry. This strategy has not gone according to plan."

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...possible-that-shares-of-united-continent.aspx

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back